Apple Watch battery life as claimed by Apple lasts to a maximum of 18 hours on a single fully charged watch. It typically means, you will be able to use it for almost a full day and you can recharge it over the night. But, this is not always the case especially if you are the active type of person. In order for you to be aware of how much battery life your Apple watch has consumed and how much battery is left, continue to read on below to find out ways to check battery life on Apple watch. It is important to know the status of your battery so that you will know if you need to recharge it or perform the ways on how to increase battery life if you’re unable to charge it yet or don’t have the magnetic charger with you.
HOW TO CHECK BATTERY LIFE
There are two different ways on how to check the battery life left on your Apple watch, you can check it on your Apple watch itself or you may check it using your iPhone.
METHOD 1: Check Apple Watch Battery life using your Apple Watch
1. Open Watch home screen of you Apple watch
Doing this involved two options:
Option 1: Enable “wake screen on wrist raise” feature.
- Press Digital Crown to reveal Home screen
- Tap on Settings
- Then tap on General
- Scroll down and tap on Wake Screen tab
- Toggle ON Wake screen on Wrist Raise.
Option 2: Press Digital Crown, the dial located at the right side of the wearable. This option can be used if there are pending or running applications on your watch
2. Enter PIN to unlock Apple watch if it is not on your wrist. Otherwise, press Digital Crown
3. Swipe up starting from the bottom of the screen to reveal the Control Center of your Apple watch.
4. Once on the Control Center, locate Battery Percentage. It is usually located at the left side corner of the screen, just below the Airplane mode icon. You will see the remaining battery life of your Apple watch
5. Tap on the Battery percentage icon represented in numeric format i.e 10%. The remaining battery percentage will be displayed together with a Power Reserve option. If you only have a little battery left and you need to preserve battery, slide the Power Reserve command to the right.
Power reserve increases your battery life by disabling all features on your Apple watch with the exception of course of the current time.
6. To exit Power Reserve, you can press and hold the side button.
Did you know that you can also check the battery life of your Apple watch even when it is connected to its magnetic charging cable. Here’s how to do this:
- While the wearable is attached to the charger (Nightstand mode), you will see on the screen an icon that looks like a lightning bolt (this also means it is actually charging), tap on it.
- The Current time will be displayed as well as a smaller icon of the lightning bolt.
- Tap on the lightning bolt again. Current battery life will appear in a numeric format with percentage.
METHOD 2: Check Apple Watch Battery life using your Apple iPhone
Since Apple Watch is compatible with only an iPhone, not even on iPads or iPods, they are basically in synced with each other. Therefore you can also check the battery life of you wearable on your iPhone.
- Launch Widget Page by swiping from left to right on your iPhone screen until you reach the left-most portion.
- On the lower portion from that screen, you will see a tiny word that says “Edit”, tap on it. List of Available widgets will appear.
- Look for the “Batteries” tab, and tap on “+” beside it (Left Side) to add Batteries widget. Batteries tab is located on the More widgets section.
- Then press and hold the 3 lines (right most)on the Battery widget and drag the widget up bringing it to the top most portion.
- Tap on Done, located at the upper right corner of the screen.
- While on the Widget page again, you will see the remaining battery life of but not just your Apple watch but remaining battery life of your iPhone as well. Note: if there is a Bluetooth Accessory connected, it will also display its battery life if available.
You can also check your battery usage if you feel like you are using the Apple watch more than usual. Battery Usage stat gives you information on how it has been since your wearable was fully charged with the standby and power reserve modes as well. Knowing the stat of your battery usage is a good way to start managing your battery.
How to check battery usage stats:
- Go to Watch App from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Tap on General
- Scroll down from the list of options and tap on Usage
- Usage will be displayed. There are instances wherein it may take some time for the information to appear, it’s pretty normal and nothing to worry about. Once syncing and loading is done, the available storage space will be displayed at the upper left corner as well as the storage used on the upper right side. Other than that, a list of apps and their corresponding apps used will also display.
- Next, scroll down from the list of apps and go to Time since last full charge category.
- You will now see Usage and Standby tabs. This shows when Apple watch has been plugged into the magnetic charging cable to bring to a full charge. The amount of time the wearable has been utilized and the amount of time it was on a standby mode.
Having Issues with your iPhone or iPad? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’’ll try to help