This post will teach you how to set or change the wallpaper on iPhone 12. Read on if you need help customizing your new iPhone by altering the default wallpaper according to your liking.
iOS 14 Wallpaper
Users of the recently rolled out iPhone 12 can customize the display settings to make their phone look better. If you own the same Apple device and found the default home screen boring, then you can jazz it up by changing the background wallpaper.
With the iOS 14’s new home screen widgets, you can make a drastic change to your iPhone’s Home screen by combining custom app icons, setting up corresponding widgets in apps and finding a wallpaper to match.
Things get even better with the latest iOS 14.3 update as you can now set new wallpapers from your photo album, camera roll, or from online sources.
If you’re wondering how to get this done on your new iPhone 12, I’ve laid out a simple walkthrough for your reference.
Here’s how you change the default wallpaper on your new iOS smartphone.
Easy Steps to Set or Change Wallpaper on iPhone 12
Before you proceed, check and ensure that your iPhone’s software is up to date. Simply head over to Settings-> General-> Software Update menu to check and confirm if your iPhone is already running iOS 14.3. Otherwise, Download and Install available updates first. This is imperative to ensure that your device already receives all the latest system enhancements. Once your device is updated, you can proceed to these steps.
1. To get started, tap the Settings icon.
Doing so will launch the main settings menu, highlighting the basic and advanced iOS features and settings you can use and manage.
2. Scroll down or up to view more items. Then, tap Wallpaper.
Another screen opens with the current wallpaper settings.
3. Tapping the preview of the lock screen will let you create and apply animations you can use.
You can also turn on perspective zoom for the current Home screen if you like.
4. There is also an option for you to enable dark appearance to dim the wallpaper.
Simply toggle the Dark Appearance Dims Wallpaper switch if you wish to dim your wallpaper based on the ambient light. Otherwise, keep the switch OFF to disable the feature.
5. To change the default wallpaper, tap Choose Wallpaper.
Another screen will launch, offering different types of wallpaper for you to choose from.
Among the available choices are Dynamic, Stills and Live. You can also choose any files from your phone’s media gallery including All Photos, Recents, Selfies, Live Photos, Screenshots and more.
6. To view Dynamic wallpapers, tap Dynamic and then scroll down or up to find a dynamic wallpaper you’d like to use.
7. To view still wallpapers, tap Stills and then choose any from the given still wallpapers.
8. To view animated wallpapers, tap Live and then choose any from the available options.
9. Just tap to select your preferred wallpaper and then tap the Set icon on the following screen.
10. If prompted, choose where you want to apply the selected wallpaper to. You can set it to your Lock screen, Home screen, or both.
To proceed with this demo, let’s just set the new wallpaper to the Home screen so tap Set Home Screen.
Wait for the phone to apply the recent changes.
You can also use any saved photo and set it as the new wallpaper for your iPhone. Simply tap to open the folder then find and select your preferred photo to use.
Do the same to open and choose an item from other media folders.
And that’s it!
More Video Tutorials
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting clips on different mobile phones and tablets, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
You might also want to read: