Don’t like the factory default ringtone set on your recently procured iPhone 14 device? If so, then you can easily set a new one according to your liking. This post will walk you through configuring the iOS 16 sound settings by altering the default ringtone. Here’s a quick guide to change the default ringtone on iPhone 14.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Altering the default ringtone on the new Apple iPhone 14 series is pretty straightforward. You can pick any from the preset tones and alerts, set any from your previous downloads or purchase and download a new one from the Tones Store.
If you’re new to iOS and wondering how to get all these things done on your recently bought iPhone 14 device, then you can refer to this easy guide.
1. Open the Settings app by tapping on its icon from the Home screen of your iPhone.
You can also access the Settings app icon on the App Library. Simply swipe right from the Home screen then find the Gear icon and tap on it to launch the app.
2. While in the iOS settings menu, scroll to find then tap Sounds & Haptics.
Another menu opens with the inbuilt audio features and relevant items.
3. Navigate to the Sounds and Haptic Patterns then tap Ringtone.
The ringtone menu opens next. Here, you will see a long list of different ringtones.
4. Find then tap to select the ringtone that you'd like to use.
A selected ringtone will have a blue checkmark before it.
5. If none of the preset tones suit your taste, you can check out the new offers from the Tone Store. Just tap Tone Store under the Store section.
You will be redirected to the Tones app menu with all available ringtones in different categories and genres.
6. Search the ringtone that you'd like to get then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to complete the download process.
Please note that each ringtone has a designated price that you have to pay one-time. That said, be sure to have all your payment details ready.
7. There is also an option for you to download all purchased tones, if ever you have already downloaded your favorite tones and you'd like to use and set any of them as the new ringtone on your iPhone.
Simply tap the Download All Purchased Tones under Store then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to finish downloading all ringtones and alerts you've purchased using your iTunes or Apple account.
- Apple iPhone 14
Don’t like the iPhone’s ringtone vibration?
By default, the iPhone vibrates whenever the ringtone is playing or ringing. If you don’t want your device to work in this manner, then you can quickly adjust its vibration settings.
Heading back to the main Ringtone menu, you will see Vibration listed as the very first option. Simply tap on it to access the Vibration settings menu then select None from the given options. Your iPhone will then stop vibrating whenever the ringtone is playing.
You can always switch back to the original setting by heading back to the Ringtone menu then change the current selection to any of the available vibration options.
And that’s it!