In this video, we will show you how to fix the iPhone 12 Mini black screen of death issue that seems to be bugging some users. If it’s just a firmware issue, then you will be able to fix it with just one solution. However, if it’s a hardware problem, then you need to have your iPhone checked. Read on to learn more.
The black screen of death issue can be a sign of a hardware problem, especially if it occurred after the device is dropped on a hard surface. However, if it started for no apparent reason, you can rest assured that it’s a firmware problem and can be fixed by doing the most basic solution. If you’re one of the users with this problem, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Perform the Forced Restart
When an iPhone gets stuck on a black screen, as long as there are no signs of physical or liquid damage, it’s just due to a firmware crash. To fix such a problem, you only have to do one thing, and that’s the Forced Restart.
It is a simulated battery pull that refreshes the device’s memory as well as reload all the apps and services.
- To do so, quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the volume down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force the phone to boot up.
- When the Apple logo shows, release the power key and wait until your iPhone finishes the reboot.
In most cases, this procedure will fix the problem. So if you’re able to make the logo show on the screen, that’s a sign that the problem is fixed.
Second solution: Charge your iPhone and do the Forced Restart
If for some reason your iPhone 12 Mini is still not turning on even after doing the first procedure, then it’s possible that its battery has been drained completely. Having a drained battery isn’t really a problem, however, there are times when the firmware crashes just before the device powers down. So to rule it out, here’s what you should do:
- Plug the charger to a working wall outlet and connect your iPhone to it using the original cable.
- Regardless of whether the iPhone shows the charging sign or not, leave it connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes.
- After that, do the forced restart again while the iPhone is still connected to the charger.
If you’re able to make the logo show on the screen, then the problem is fixed. There’s no guarantee that such a problem won’t happen again in the future. But at least now, you already know what to do if your device gets stuck on the black screen again.
However, if your iPhone 12 Mini is still stuck on the black screen after all this, then you need to have it checked.
And those are the solutions you can use to fix the iPhone 12 Mini black screen of death issue. I hope that we’ve been able to help you one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel so that we can continue creating helpful contents.