More and more people are now into effortless shopping online. The increasing number of online shoppers paves a way for different shopping apps for Android and iOS devices. One of the most popular and widely used shopping apps among iOS devices owners is the Amazon Shopping app. In fact, the app has already acquired trust from millions of online customers worldwide. Because of its popularity, developers of the app are constantly pushing updates to ensure best performance of the application. However, there are just some factors that make the app give into random downtimes. Aside from network connection errors, software problems, invalid settings, errant apps, and data corruption are also among the possible triggers.
Highlighted in this post are possible solutions and applicable workarounds to deal with a problem on the Amazon Shopping app that won’t load or keeps crashing on the iPhone 7 Plus. Read further and refer to these subsequent walkthroughs, whenever you need more inputs on how to deal with this issue.
Before going further, if you found this post because you were trying to find a solution to your problem, then try to visit our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed most of the commonly reported issues with the phone. We’ve already provided solutions to some of the problems reported by our readers so try to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you and if you need further assistance, fill up our iPhone issues questionnaire and hit submit.
How to troubleshoot iPhone 7 Plus with Amazon app that keeps crashing
Before troubleshooting software problems on your iPhone 7 Plus, check and ensure that your device is connected to the Internet. Network problems can be the main reason why Amazon Shopping and other online apps aren’t loading properly or not working stable. If your iPhone is experiencing intermittent connection or no Internet connection at all, then you will to deal with network connectivity issues first. Once you’ve fixed that, online apps and services including Amazon Shopping should be working properly again. Otherwise, try these subsequent solutions.
First solution: Clear Amazon Shopping and background apps.
The Amazon Shopping may also encounter random glitches like any other apps do. This usually happens if you’ve left the app opened and running in the background for quite some time already. Background apps can become corrupted and when this happens, they won’t be able to work steady. To fix it, clearing the app can help. Here’s how to clear Amazon Shopping and background apps on your iPhone 7 Plus:
- Press the Home button twice quickly. Doing so will launch a new screen containing a list of recently used apps that aren’t closed.
- Swipe up on the Amazon Shopping app preview to clear or force quit the app. Do the same to clear the rest of background apps.
Once you’re done clearing all background apps, try to relaunch the Amazon Shopping app and see if it’s already able to load properly and stops crashing. If the problem continues, then move on and try the next possible solutions.
Second solution: Reboot/soft reset your iPhone 7 Plus.
Minor software errors can also cause apps to become erratic. To make sure this isn’t what’s causing conflict on the Amazon Shopping app, soft reset or reboot your iPhone 7 Plus with these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- Then drag the power off slider to the right to shut down your iPhone completely.
- After 30 seconds, press the Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
A soft reset is the simplest yet very effective solution to various types of software problems among mobile devices. This also helps clear the phone’s internal memory and refresh the system without affecting saved data.
Third solution: Update Amazon Shopping app to the latest version.
Installing the latest update or version of the app can also be the key to fixing the problem if it’s attributed to malicious software. Like iOS updates, app updates also contain bug fixes for security enhancements and to keep the app free from bugs and malware. To manually check for pending updates for your Amazon Shopping app, follow these steps:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- From the App Store main screen, tap the Updates icon at the bottom right. A list of apps with pending updates then shows up on the screen.
- Find Amazon Shopping from the list then tap the Update button next to it. Doing so will install pending update for the app.
- If multiple app updates are available, tap the Update All button on the upper right of the screen to update all apps simultaneously.
Allow your device to finish installing all pending app updates and then restart when done. As soon as it has rebooted completely, open the Amazon Shopping and see if it’s already able to load up and perform stable.
Fourth solution: Uninstall then reinstall Amazon Shopping app on your iPhone 7 Plus.
If the problem persists after applying the previous solutions, it’s possible that the app has become totally corrupted and thus it’s no longer working. In that case, your only hope to get the Amazon Shopping app back up and running properly again is by reinstalling it. This also means the need to delete the app first from your iPhone. Here’s what you should do then:
- Tap and hold on any app icon from the Home screen.
- When the icons start to wiggle, tap the X on the corner of the Amazon Shopping app icon to uninstall the app.
- If prompted, confirm action by tapping Delete.
Wait until the app is completely uninstalled. After deleting the app, restart your iPhone then head over to the App Store to search for, download, and install Amazon Shopping app on your device. Here’s how:
- Open the App Store.
- While on the App Store main screen, tap the Search icon (magnifying glass).
- Navigate to the Search tab and then enter Amazon Shopping on the search bar.
- Find and select the Amazon Shopping app from the search results.
- To download the app, tap Get and Install. You may need to enter your Apple ID password to authorize and confirm app download and installation.
Allow the app to finish installing and then restart your iPhone when it’s successfully installed. Don’t forget to test the recently installed Amazon Shopping app to see if it works.
Fifth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone 7 Plus.
Invalid settings on the iPhone can also trigger an app to act up. This is often the case after installing a software update that automatically overrides the current settings on your device. Given that the changes are auto-applied, determining which options or settings to revert would be a challenge. To simplify things, try to reset all settings on your iPhone 7 Plus. Doing so will erase the current settings on your phone and then restore the default settings without affecting saved data on the internal memory. Here’s how it’s done:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select Reset all settings from the given options.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Then tap to confirm system settings reset.
Your phone will then begin resetting all system settings and then restore the defaults. After the reset, reboot your device to ensure all changes are saved and then enable necessary features and options.
If none of the abovementioned solutions is able to solve the problem and Amazon Shopping app still won’t load properly or continues to crash on your iPhone 7 Plus, contact the app’s developer to report the problem for official recommendations. You can also request further assistance from the Amazon Shopping help center in carrying out more advanced solutions to get the app back up and running smoothly on your iPhone 7 Plus.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone 7 Plus smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7 Plus. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.