This post will walk you through configuring the iOS Mail app to show more or less preview lines of the individual emails resting in your inbox. Here’s a quick guide to adjust mail preview settings on the iPhone 14 smartphone.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
You can make your iPhone show a longer preview for every email you receive. All you have to do is configure the iOS Mail settings.
Depicted below is the actual process of altering this setting on the iPhone 14 Mail application. Feel free to refer to this guide if you need help adjusting the preview lines for all emails you receive on your new iPhone.
- To begin, open the Settings app on your iPhone. To do this, simply tap on the Settings icon from the Home screen of your iPhone or tap the gear-shaped icon on the App library.
Either way will take you to the same iOS settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, scroll to find Mail from the given items then tap on it to access the iOS Mail app settings.
In the Mail app settings, you will see a number of features relevant to the Mail app management.
- Navigate to the Message List section.
There you will see three main options including Preview, Show To/Cc Labels and Swipe Options.
- Tap Preview from the Message list options to proceed.
On the next screen, you will see a list of presets representing the number of lines that you can use for your email previews.
- Among the given options include None, 1 line, 2 lines, 3 lines, 4 lines and 5 lines. Just tap to mark your preferred number of lines to use for your email previews.
If you set the preview to None, there’ll be no previews shown for every email in your inbox so all you see are mail subjects or email headers.
- Apple iPhone 14
How Email Preview works?
Email previews allow you to read emails, add contacts or view some of the contents of an email without having to open it. Based on the preview, you can easily decide whether or not to handle that email right away or get back at it at some other time later.
If you want to view more information about what the email is all about even without opening the entire message, set it with more preview lines. Otherwise, select a shorter option.
To preview an email, go to your mailbox/inbox then touch and hold on the email that you’d like to preview its contents and see a list of options for filling, replying and more.
And that’s how you configure the iPhone 14 Mail app settings to set the desired number of email preview lines.