There are several ways to sync contacts from your iPhone to your Mac. But we don’t need to go through each of them. In this video, I will show you how to backup your contacts using the most practical and easiest methods. Continue reading as I will walk you through in syncing your contacts from your iPhone to your Mac.
First Method: Sync iPhone Contacts to Mac via iCloud
This is the easiest and “wireless” way to do it. Needless to say, you don’t need to connect your iPhone to your Mac to get this done. This works for all iOS devices and not just the iPhone so it’s pretty useful. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the springboard, find and tap on Settings.
- Tap your name.
- Now, touch iCloud. You will now be able to see apps that uses the service.
- Toggle the switch next to Contacts to turn it on. You will be asked on what you should do with the existing contacts in your iPhone.
- Tap Merge to continue.
- After this, your iPhone will sync your contacts with iCloud.
Once your contact list is already saved in the cloud, you can access it with another device and in this case, it would be your Mac. Here’s how you do it:
- Click System Preferences.
- Choose iCloud.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
- Check ‘Use iCloud for contacts, calendars, and bookmarks.
- Press Next.
Your contacts will be synced to your Mac automatically.
Second Method: Transfer contacts via iTunes
While this method is also very easy to do, some users simply hate the idea of connecting their iPhones to their Mac. It’s a pretty straightforward procedure and only takes a few steps to complete. Here’s how…
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using the USB cable.
- In your Mac, open iTunes.
- Once detected and recognized, an icon will appear under the ‘Account’ menu. Click on it.
- Click on Info.
- Now check the Sync Contacts.
- Click the Apply button at the bottom.
Depending on the data and files you’re trying to sync, the whole process may take just a few seconds to complete.
There you have it! I hope that we’ve been able to help you to properly sync your contacts from iPhone to your Mac. Thanks for watching and don’t forget to subscribe.