The #Apple #iPhoneXR is one of the latest iPhone models released last year and is considered as the budget model as it costs less than the XS and XS Max. In terms of performance it is capable of matching the other two models as it uses the same Apple A12 Bionic processor. The difference of this model is that it uses a display with a much lower resolution and it only has a single rear camera. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will fix the Facebook app that keeps crashing on the iPhone XR.
If you own an iPhone XR or any other iPhone model for that matter then feel contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Facebook App That Keeps Crashing On iPhone XR
The first thing you will want to do in this case is to make sure that your deice is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then make sure to download and install it. You should also make sure that the Facebook app installed in your phone is the latest version. You can check if a new version is available by opening the App Store.
In case you have the latest software version already and the issue still persists then proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
Force restart the iPhone XR
- Quickly press and release the volume-up button
- Quickly press and release the volume-down button
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears, and then release.
- The screen will temporarily go dark as the iPhone shuts down and reboots. Keep holding the button until you see the Apple logo.
Try checking if the issue still occurs.
Uninstall then reinstall the Facebook app
There’s a possibility that the Facebook app you are using on your phone is corrupted. To verify if this is the case you should uninstall then reinstall it.
- Tap and hold on the Facebook icon from the Home screen.
- When you see all the icons start to wiggle, tap the X on the corner of Facebook app icon. Doing so will instigate deletion of the app.
- Tap Delete to confirm action.
- Open the App Store then search for the Facebook app and install it.
Perform a factory reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will revert your phone back to its original factory condition. Make sure to backup your phone data before performing this step as it will be deleted in the process.
- Turn on your device by pressing the Power button for a few seconds.
- Go to the Home screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Open General.
- Select Reset and choose option “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Confirm the warning.
- Enter your passcode.
- At the end, accept all information, and wait for the reset to complete.
Escalate the problem to Facebook
If after the reset the problem still persists then this is most likely caused by a bug in the Facebook app. You will need to contact the Facebook technical team regarding this matter so that the problem could be fixed by a software patch.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.