When trying to sync your iPhone with iTunes you might encounter an error that says “The iPhone [device name] cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54)”. This error will usually occur when a file in your computer or phone is locked. To fix this problem you should perform the troubleshooting steps listed below.
How To Fix iTunes Error 54
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes and the latest software updates for phone and computer.
- Restart your phone and computer.
- Make sure the iTunes folder in your computer is not set to Read only. Open Windows Explorer then go to the Music folder. Right click on your iTunes folder then click on properties. Make sure to uncheck the Read Only option under Attributes.
- To check if it is the security software of the computer that is causing the problem you should temporarily disable it or uninstall it if it is a third party software.
- Make sure that the date, time, and time zone are set correctly on your computer.
- Try consolidating your iTunes library. You can do this by going to the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Library > Organize Library. Select “Consolidate files” then click ok.
- Sync only a small amount of content at a time. Add more content until you see the error again. By doing this, you’ll identify the content that causes the issue.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.