Emerging among the most popular and widely used apps by Android and iOS device users for entertainment purposes is YouTube. Having this app on your phone is like having some sort of stress-reliever. A wide variety of short clips and videos can be accessed through different channels based on your needs. And that’s likely among the reasons why most people have YouTube app standing by on their Home screens. The fact that YouTube is maintained by Google makes the service more credible. That said, seldom will you hear of the YouTube website being down. The same goes to the mobile app.
Nonetheless, apps by nature can give in to random issues at some point and YouTube has no exception. Among the common problems encountered by iPhone owners with YouTube app is on random to frequent crashes as well as loading failure. These symptoms are usually perceived when network problems occur. On the positive note, such problems are software-related, hence can be remedied at home by some workarounds. Highlighted below are suggested methods to troubleshoot a problem with YouTube app on the new iPhone XR. Read on to find out what to do if you find YouTube not loading properly or keeps crashing on your new iPhone.
If however, you are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting guide for we have already addressed the most common issues with this phone. Find problems that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you need more help, then feel free to contact us through our iPhone issues questionnaire.
How to troubleshoot iPhone XR with Youtube app that keeps crashing?
Before troubleshooting, check your Internet connection. If you can access your wireless router/modem, try rebooting it first. Doing so can help fix minor Internet connectivity issues on all your connected devices. If the problem persists even if your iPhone XR has strong and stable Wi-Fi internet access, then move on and apply any of these subsequent procedures.
First solution: Quit YouTube app then restart your iPhone XR.
Random glitches occur to any app regardless of how well-maintained or sturdy the application would be. Thus, YouTube also can also show adverse symptoms, fails to load, or becomes unstable at some point. The good thing is that, these are usually just minor symptoms that can be remedied by restarting the app and the phone system. So this should be considered among the first possible solution to try on:
- From the Home screen, swipe your finger up and then pause.
- Swipe right or left to navigate through the apps preview.
- Swipe up on the YouTube app preview to close it.
If you see other app previews, close them all as well to prevent any of them from causing conflict with YouTube’s operation. After closing YouTube and other background apps, clear cache from your phone’s internal memory by performing a soft reset or system reboot. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume button for a few seconds and then release when the Slide to Power Off menu.
- Drag the slider to the right to turn your iPhone completely off.
- After 30 seconds, press the Side/Power button again until you see the phone reboots.
Allow your phone to boot up then retry loading YouTube to see if the problem is gone. If not, then move on and try other possible solutions.
Second solution: Toggle Wi-Fi off then on again.
This trick disconnects your iPhone from your Wi-Fi network shortly and then reconnections. So it’s like refreshing your Wi-Fi Internet connection. Apparently, this also clears minor network glitches that are inflicting issues to online apps and services like YouTube. Should you wish to try it, follow these steps to access and manage Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone XR:
- Go to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu.
- Then toggle the Wi-Fi switch to turn it off.
- After a few seconds, toggle the switch again to turn Wi-Fi back on.
Wait for your device to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network and when it’s connected to your Wi-Fi internet, open YouTube app and see if it’s working fine already. Otherwise, troubleshoot further.
Third solution: Reset network settings on your iPhone XR.
Network connectivity issues can also be the underlying cause. Given the fact that YouTube is an online app makes it vulnerable to network-inflicted troubles including the transpiring symptoms. If network errors are to blame, then performing a network settings reset on your iPhone can potentially fix the problem. So here’s what you need to do then:
- Open the Settings app from Home.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and then tap on Reset.
- Select Reset network settings from the given options.
- Enter your device passcode when asked to continue.
- Tap the option to confirm network settings reset.
Wait for your iPhone to finish resetting network settings to defaults and then restarts by its own. After it reboots, connect to your Wi-Fi network again then retry loading YouTube app when connected. See if the problem is resolved. Otherwise, try the next workarounds.
Fourth solution: Install pending update for YouTube app.
Given that updates offer bug fixes makes it a must to keep apps and phone software updated. If you haven’t set YouTube app to auto-update on your iPhone, then chances are that you’ve got some pending updates to install. Having said that, follow these steps to manually check for, download and install pending updates for YouTube app and other apps on your iPhone XR:
- Tap to open the App Store.
- Navigate to the Updates section at the bottom right side of the App Store screen. A list of pending app updates will then pop up.
- Look for YouTube then tap the Update button next to it. Doing so will instigate downloading of and installing pending update for YouTube app.
- If multiple app updates are available, you can tap the Update All button on the upper-right corner to install all updates simultaneously.
Wait for all apps to finish updating and then reboot/soft reset your iPhone XR to apply the new changes and refresh your apps.
Fifth solution: Delete YouTube app then reinstall it on your iPhone XR.
The app might have been totally corrupted and therefore no longer able to load or work properly. In this case, you will need to reinstall the app your phone. But this also denotes the need to uninstall or delete the app first. So as your next workarounds, delete and then reinstall YouTube app on your iPhone XR with these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone to access the Home screen by entering your unlock screen credentials.
- Tap and hold on the YouTube app icon for a few seconds until all icons start jiggling.
- Tap X on the top-left corner of the YouTube app icon.
- If prompted with the confirmation message, tap Delete to uninstall YouTube app and its data.
After removing the problematic YouTube app from your iPhone, perform a soft reset to refresh your phone system and internal memory, thus preparing the system for app downloading.
Make sure your iPhone is connected to the Internet either through Wi-Fi or cellular data network. Then follow these steps to download and/or reinstall YouTube app on your iPhone XR:
- Open the App Store.
- Scroll to the bottom then tap Search.
- Enter YouTube in to the search field.
- Tap to select YouTube from the search results.
- Tap Get or the Cloud button next to the YouTube app. Doing so will download the app.
- Tap Install to continue.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password, Touch ID or Face ID to proceed.
- Wait for the app to finish installing and appears on the Home screen.
Restart your iPhone after installing YouTube and then try loading the app to see if it’s working properly.
Seek more help
You may contact Google – YouTube support to escalate the problem for further assistance in performing more advanced troubleshooting if YouTube is still showing the same symptom or doesn’t work properly on your iPhone XR. There might be some more complex errors that need to be fixed from within the application or YouTube server. Just let them know exactly of what happened or how YouTube ended up crashing constantly on your new iPhone XR. If you see any error message, then take note of the details and relay that information to the support people. Error prompts are programmed to let end-users know that something is wrong and how to correct it.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone XR smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone XR. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.