It is a struggle to get up early in the morning especially during winter, or having to go to work on a graveyard shift. But nonetheless, you have to do so because you’ve got bills to pay, a family to feed, etc. But some people may not manage to wake up on time on their own. And this is where alarm clocks play their part. And the best alternative to traditional alarms is your smart device. Thus, your iPhone or iPad will get you covered.
An effective way to waking up on-time is to simply set up the alarm on your device for an interval of 5-8 minutes so you won’t worry of being late for work. Now, what if the alarm on your device doesn’t work? Should that happen, you’ve got a problem to solve. In this article, I will provide simple yet effective tips on how fix an alarm that is not working on your iPad Pro.
If you have other problems however, visit our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed some of the most common issues with this device. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar with yours and feel free to use the solutions we suggested. If you still need our help, fill up our questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to troubleshoot iPad Pro alarm that’s not working?
Before you begin to troubleshoot your device, check and make sure that it is not set to silent or mute. If the alarm still does not work even when the device isn’t muted, then you can try the steps I’ve listed below.
First solution: Check the volume level and sound on your iPad Pro.
Make sure that the volume has not been turned too low that even if you put your iPad Pro beside your ear, still you are unable to hear the alarm.
- To check, just simply go to Settings, then tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Look for Ringers & Alerts to change the volume of your choice.
- Make sure as well that the Change with Buttons has been turned off so that the volume of the Ringers and Alerts will not be affected whenever you change the volume on your device using the volume buttons.
You might as well check on the alarm sound and make sure that it has not been set to None because if it is, you will not hear any sound even if the alarm is set.
To check, simply go to Clock, and then tap Alarm. Look for the + button on the upper right corner. Then, tap Sound and select a ringtone that you want to use for the alarm sound. If this trick does not work. Then, you may try the next option.
Second solution: Delete all existing alarms and setting a new one.
This trick also worked in so many occasions, so you might as well try this on your iPad and see if it will fix the alarm.
- First, you need to launch the Clock app on your iPad.
- Then, tap the Alarm tab which is located at the bottom.
- Tap Edit which is located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Once you see the existing alarms, tap the red button on each alarm. The red button is on the left of each alarm.
- Once you will be prompted with a red Delete option on the right side of each alarm, just tap it. Do the same to the rest of the alarms.
- Once all the alarms have been deleted, reboot your device.
- After rebooting your iPad, go to Clock app and then select Alarm. At the upper right hand corner, tap the + button to set a new alarm. Do not forget to hit the Save icon.
Third solution: Remove any Third Party Alarm Apps from your iPad.
If you are using a third-party alarm app on your iPad, you might consider uninstalling the app because there is a possibility that this can cause conflict with the built-in Clock app on your device.
- To uninstall any third-party apps, just touch and hold the app. Once it wiggles, tap on the X button. When the Delete option pops up, tap it to confirm.
Reboot your iPad after you delete the application. Doing so will refresh the device memory and system functions.
Fourth solution: Reset all the settings on your iPad Pro.
Resetting all settings on the device may correct the issue too. As mentioned above, one of the reasons why the alarm on your iPad will not work is because the iOS had been updated, so might as well reset all the settings. This option though will remove all the Wi-fi passwords and any website logins, but will not cause data loss.
- To reset, go to Settings app and then select General. After that, tap on Reset then hit Reset All Settings and then confirm.
When the reset is finished, your device will restart by itself. Once the device has rebooted, you can go ahead and set a new alarm.
Fifth solution: Update iOS to the latest version.
If the ios version of your device has not been updated when the problem occurs, then consider updating the iOS on your iPad. Note that it is best as well to keep the device updated for it to be more secured and work smoothly.
- To update your device, open the Settings app and then go to General and tap it. After that, tap Software Update. If you will be prompted with the available update, then tap on Download and Install.
If updating the iOS of your iPad still does not fix the problem, then you may try the next guide below.
Sixth solution: Restore your iPad Pro.
Restoring the device to its factory settings can fix a lot of problems that you might be experiencing on your device. But before you restore your iPad to fix the alarm that is not working, please do not forget to transfer all the important files on your ipad to your computer to back up your stuff. Or you can also restore your ipad using the recovery mode.
- To restore your iPad, go to Settings and then select General. Then tap Reset. After that, tap Erase All Contents and Settings. Then you will be asked to enter your device passcode. Then tap the option to confirm full system reset.
When the reset is finished, your device will reboot automatically and then loads the default factory settings. The next thing you’ll do is to set up your device and enable the features you want to use including alarm.
Your other options if the previous solutions failed to solve the problem would be a system restore. You will have two restore options to consider then and that would including a recovery mode restore and DFU mode restore. Both these restore methods are performed using iTunes on a Mac computer or Windows PC.
If none of the given procedures is able to solve the problem and your iPad Pro alarm is still not working, then you can take your device to an Apple service center in your area. You can ask an authorized technician to run some hardware assessment to determine if some audio components aren’t working.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
- How to fix delayed touchscreen response on your Apple iPad Pro 2018 [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix slow Internet browsing problem, websites loading very slowly using Safari on Apple iPad Pro 2018 [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix slow browsing issue on Apple iPad Pro 2018, websites load very slowly via Safari [Troubleshooting Guide]