While you can reset your Apple Watch back to its factory default settings, the recommended way to perform a master reset is by unpairing it from your smartphone. In so doing, you’re deleting all your data from your watch but your settings and preferences may remain. We don’t usually need to reset the Watch but there are times when we need to clear our data and this is the best way to do that.
In this post, I will guide you on how to unpair your Apple Watch from a Bluetooth accessory and iPhone. The thing about Apple Watch is that you cannot turn the Bluetooth on or off unlike other smartwatches but you can unpair it. Depending on how you look at it, it could be an advantage or a disadvantage. With that being said, here’s how you unpair your Apple Watch…
How to unpair Apple Watch from Bluetooth accessory
When it comes to third-party Bluetooth accessories, there wouldn’t be much interaction between them and your Watch so pairing and unpairing them is easy.
- Tap Settings > Bluetooth on your Apple Watch.
- Tap the Info icon (exclamation mark) next to your accessory.
- Tap Forget Device.
Your Watch will now be reset but only the data will be deleted. The settings and your preferences may remain.
How to unpair Apple Watch from iPhone
When you unpair your Watch from your iPhone, the latter will automatically create a backup of your data so that the next time you pair them, you will still have the same setup that is if you still plan on re-pairing them. If not, then you just have to do the master reset instead of just unpairing them.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap your watch name at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Info icon (exclamation mark), then tap Unpair Apple Watch > Unpair [Apple ID]’s Apple Watch.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.
- If your Watch has a rate plan connected to an eSIM, choose to keep or remove the plan and eSIM information.
- Tap Keep Plan if you want to keep using your Watch with the same line.
- Tap Remove Plan if you want to use your Watch with a different line, account, or carrier.
- Tap Unpair.
- Your Watch information is backed up to your iPhone, then the Watch is erased.
And that’s pretty much it! That’s what you need to do if your wanted to unpair your Watch from third-party Bluetooth accessories or from your iPhone.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!