The iTunes error 3194 will usually occur on your iOS device when a connection to Apple’s firmware signature verification server can’t be established. This happens most of the time on jailbroken devices but can also occur on devices that have unsigned or expired firmware , often during an iOS downgrade or upgrade, or even during some restores. To fix this problem you should follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
How To Fix iTunes Error 3194
- Quit iTunes
- Locate your hosts file, in Mac OS X this is /etc/hosts and in Windows this is c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Open the hosts file with Administrator privileges
- Add the following lines to the very bottom of the hosts file and save the change: 22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com.
- If the 126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com already exists then add a # to the front #188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer
- Launch iTunes
- Put the iPhone/iPad/iPod into DFU mode by turning the phone off and then holding down the sleep and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold onto the home button until iTunes tells you that the device is now in recovery mode
- Use the iTunes Restore feature as usual with the iOS device
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.