A lot of #iPhone users have been complaining about various issues associated with the phone’s camera application. Among the most common concerns is on the camera that is stuck on the front view or the other way around (reverse freeze).
Read on to learn how to deal with these problems on your Apple iPhone 6 Plus.
- Camera app won’t open.
- Pink vertical lines are visible on the camera app screen.
- Camera freezes or crashes.
- Cannot take photos with both cameras.
- Photos are in low quality and don’t look good.
Problem: Camera app stuck in front view
“My camera on phone will only take picture facing me, I can’t seem to get it to do reverse, this fault has only just recently happened. I am assuming an app is the likely cause. Could it be Whatsapp or Messenger? All apps update automatically on phone, so it can’t be an update issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks!” – Steve
Suggestion: Hi Steve! Thank you for reaching us and letting us know of your iPhone problem. Actually, you’re not the only one who’s having problems with the Camera app. In fact, you can see a lot of similar issues reported by other iPhone owners, complaining about the camera that is not working. Here’s what I can recommend in your case:
Some third-party software, particularly corrupted and incompatible apps, may cause the Camera app to behave atypically. Basing on your statement, you suspect the problem is caused by WhatsApp or Messenger. To determine if that really is causing you trouble, you can try to disable these apps temporarily and see if that will fix the problem. Also ensure the rear camera is not restricted in your iPhone settings. To check, navigate to Settings-> General-> Restrictions. Once you’re in the Restrictions menu/screen, enable restrictions, turn the Camera off, and then disable the restriction. After doing that, check your phone’s camera and see if it’s working fine already.
If the first suggestions won’t help, you can try these workarounds.
- Force close the Camera app, and then open it again.
- Reboot your iPhone, and open the camera again.
- Perform a factory reset.
A step-by-step guide on how to perform each of these workarounds is available below this page. Feel free to use it, if necessary.
Related Problem: “The rear camera shows only a black screen but the front camera seems to work fine. The problem started after the phone is updated to iOS 9. I’m not seeing any warning prompts declaring the flash cannot be used because the iPhone is too hot or something like that. I also noticed the flash/flashlight is not working. I’ve already done several reboots but nothing has worked.”
Suggestion: If you haven’t yet updated your device software to iOS 9.0.1 or later version, I suggest you do it now. Apple has released a patch (iOS 9.0.1) that contains bug fixes including glitches with the camera app. As for the flash, try to check your flash settings and then select a different setting. To do this, tap the lightning bolt icon located in the upper left of the screen. Also ensure flashlight is on or enabled in the Control Center. You can also try to download and install the flashlight app and see what happens afterwards. If the problem persists after getting the latest software update, you may consider restoring your iPhone to factory defaults.
Other recommended workarounds for iPhone 6 Plus camera issues
- Get the latest iOS version for your phone. Be sure to update your device software to the latest iOS version. Shortly after reports about camera problems transpiring on a number of iPhone variants have populated pertinent forums and sites, Apple has rolled out a small update (iOS 9.0.1), which contains a lot of bug fixes including those with the Camera app.
- Put your iPhone into recovery mode. If you cannot update or restore your iPhone, you can put it in recovery mode and then restore it through iTunes.
Step-by-step Guide for your reference
If you don’t know how to perform the workarounds I have recommended, feel free to refer to these steps.
Steps to Force close Camera app.
Sometimes, the camera views may not work because the app itself is not responding. In this case, forcing the app to quit may help. Here’s how:
- Double-press the Home button or 3D Touch. Small previous of recently used apps will display.
- Swipe left to locate the app you want to close. In this case, choose Camera.
- Swipe up on the Camera app’s preview to close it.
Steps to Restore iPhone 6 Plus to Factory settings
Important note: Restoring the iPhone to factory settings will delete your data, apps and settings. Be sure to back up your device beforehand.
- Power off your device.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with the USB cable. Hold the Home button while connecting the iPhone to iTunes.
- On the computer, click OK when prompted with the message saying that iTunes has detected your iPhone in recovery mode.
- Click on Restore iPhone…
- If prompted, read and review the message and continue by clicking on Restore and Update
- Wait for iTunes to complete restoring your iPhone to factory defaults.
Steps to use Recovery Mode to reset iPhone 6 Plus
- Connect your phone to the computer using the original USB cable (recommended).
- On the computer, open iTunes.
- With your iPhone connected, force your device to restart. To do this, press and hold the Sleep/Wake (Power) button and Home button for approximately 15 seconds until the Apple logo and the Recovery mode screen show up.
- Select Update when prompted with the option to Restore or Update.
- Allow iTunes to attempt to re-install iOS without erasing your data. Wait for iTunes to complete downloading software for your phone.
- Repeat the steps if the download takes more than 15 minutes and your phone exits recovery mode. This time select the option to Restore, instead of Update.
- When the Update or Restore is finished, set up your device. You can use your previous back up via iTunes or iCloud.
Connect with us
Need further assistance in resolving other issues you have with your iPhone 6 Plus or other iDevices? You may visit our Troubleshooting Page to view other problems along with our recommended workarounds and solutions. To reach our support team for help, just complete and submit the form available in our T/S page. Please be sure to provide us more important details of the problem and we will be glad to assist you further.