iPhone owners are quite familiar with Siri. This is Apple’s voice controlled personal assistant which allows you to interact with your phone using your voice. There are lot of things you can do with Siri and one of these is to check your messages.
How to Check New Messages with Siri
- Start Siri. You can do this by pressing and holding the Home button until Siri starts. You can also say “Hey Siri” to start Siri. This requires iOS 9 or later, and the “Hey Siri” feature enabled in the Settings app. To enable this, open the Settings app, tap “General” and then “Siri,” then toggle Allow “Hey Siri” on.
- Check if you have any new messages. Just say “Do I have new messages?” or “Check my messages.” Siri will respond with how many unread messages you have, and begin reading the first one back
- Have Siri read messages from a specific person. If you just want to hear new messages from a certain person, you can tell Siri. If there are new messages from two different people with the same name, Siri may ask which one you mean
- Have Siri repeat the message. You can have Siri repeat the last message by saying “Repeat the message” or “Read again.”
- Say “Yes” or “Reply” when prompted by Siri to respond. After reading back a message, Siri will ask you if you want to respond. Saying “Yes” will allow you to dictate your message
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.