One of the usual things done when switching from an Android phone to an iPhone is to move important files including contacts information. Transferring contacts from Android to iPhone can be done in many different ways including the ones enumerated below. Feel free to refer to this guide whenever you need some clues on syncing, importing or transferring Android contacts to your new iPhone.
Moving contacts from Android to iPhone through Bluetooth
To get started, verify and ensure Bluetooth is enabled on both your devices (Android and iPhone). Also make sure that both devices are within Bluetooth range and are in discoverable mode. Then follow these steps to start moving contacts:
- On your Android device, tap Apps from the Home screen.
- Scroll to and then tap Contacts.
- Tap MORE.
- Select the option to Share.
- Tap to select the contacts you want to SHARE to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
- Tap Bluetooth. If you are only transferring one contact, tap the vCard file (VCF) option.
- Tap to select the target device (iPhone). The contacts will now start sending.
If necessary, follow any additional prompts on your iPhone screen to receive the contacts from your Android device.
Moving contacts from Android to iPhone with your Google Account
Both Android and iOS devices support Google and thus you can share Android contacts to your iPhone using the same Google account. Here’s how it’s done:
- On your Android device, tap to open Settings app.
- Then select Accounts and Sync.
- Enter your Gmail (Google) account and enable synchronization option.
- On your iPhone, open Settings from the Home screen.
- Select Contacts.
- Tap the option to Add Account.
- Then add the same Google account as the one you have on your Android device.
- After successfully adding your Google account on your iPhone, sign into your Google account and enable Contacts option.
All the contacts saved on that account will then be synced to your iPhone.
Moving contacts from Android to iPhone through iTunes
If you have iTunes installed on your Windows computer, then you can use it to sync your Android contacts to your new iPhone. Here’s how it works:
- Connect your Android phone to a Windows computer and sync contacts to Windows Address Book or Outlook Express.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and then open iTunes.
- From the iTunes screen, click to select your iPhone icon.
- Scroll down to and then select Info menu options on the left column.
- Then select the option to Sync Contacts with Windows Contacts or Outlook and click the All contacts radio button.
That should prompt iTunes to start moving all your Android contacts to your iPhone.
Moving contacts from Android to iPhone via SIM card
Contacts information stored on your Android phone SIM card can also be transferred to your iPhone by placing that same SIM card from your Android phone to your iPhone. Here’s how it works:
- Back up contacts information from your Android phone to the SIM card.
- Then remove the SIM card from your Android phone.
- Insert the SIM card into your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings-> Contacts menu, then select the option to Import SIM contacts.
This method is only applicable if the SIM card you’re using on your Android phone is compatible (same card type) with your iPhone.
Moving contacts from Android to iPhone using Move to iOS
Another way to transfer contacts from an Android device to an iPhone is by importing the contacts using Move to iOS app. This is by far one of the most popular and widely used options to add contacts from an Android device to an iPhone. This method is carried out during the initial setup process on your iPhone. Here’s how it works:
- Start the setup wizard on your iPhone until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
- From the Apps & Data screen, scroll down and tap the option to Move Data from Android.
- Then go to your Android device then download the Move to iOS app from Google Play. When the app is installed, run it on your Android device and then tap Continue.
- Go to your iPhone screen and select Continue. A code will then show up on the screen. Enter that code on your Android device.
- On your Android device, select Contacts and tap Next to begin the file transfer.
You can also transfer other files from your Android device to your iPhone. Simply select the files you wanted to transfer along with your contacts information.
Moving contacts from Android to iPhone using CardDAV
CardDAV is a protocol used by Google to sync its contacts between devices. This protocol is also supported by the iPhone so you can make use of it when moving contacts from an Android phone to your iPhone. In order to get started, you will need to log into your Google account on your iPhone and then follow these instructions:
- Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll to and tap Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the option to Add Account.
- Tap Other to continue.
- Then select the type of account you want to configure. Choose Mail for an email account, CalDAV for a calendar and CardDAV for contacts.
- Enter the required account information then tap Next.
- Then tap Done to complete the contacts syncing process.
If ever you’ll find trouble transferring contacts from your Android device to your iPhone, take note of any error prompts as they will give you some clues on what went wrong and how to correct it. Or feel free to let us know if you need more help in fixing the problem.