Smartphones are now becoming a fundamental tool in almost everyone’s daily life. In fact, more and more people are now using smartphones for storing personal information, important mails, photos and other significant contents. Thus, it definitely matters when the phone is lost or stolen. Fortunately, various phone tracking solutions are now made available. There are many different ways for you to track your iPhone. You can use phone tracker apps or use phone locator services online for free. This post highlights some of the widely used and most effective phone trackers to-date. Read on for further information.
Find My iPhone
Normally, people would resort to using the Find My iPhone application when attempting to find their lost iPhone. It’s a free Apple app that lets you log into iCloud and then track your stolen or lost iPhone based on its current location through Google Maps.
To get started in using Find My iPhone, you will need to download the app beforehand on your device. Then proceed with these steps:
- Log into iCloud website using your Apple ID and password.
- Click on the Find My iPhone icon to launch the application. Doing so will open a map with a green dot showing the current location of your lost iPhone.
- To view more information, tap on the information “i” icon next to the name of your iPhone in the green dot. This will prompt you with a list of options.
- To make a loud sound, you can click the option to Play Sound or Send Message. This is if you think you just misplaced the phone at home or anywhere near you.
- To set a four-digit code to lock your iPhone, click the option to Remove Lock.
- To remove all information from your lost phone, click the Remote Cleaning option.
- To go back to the iCloud home screen, click the iCloud logo in My Devices on the upper left corner of the display.
- To exit the app, click on Close Session on the top right corner of the screen.
If you use Family Sharing, then you can ask any of your family members to help locate your missing phone. All they have to do is to sign into iCloud using their Apple ID and password and then start tracking your missing phone. For this to become possible, your missing device must also be associated with that Family Sharing account. If your missing phone is offline, then you can put it in Lost Mode, lock it or erase it remotely. Any of these actions will immediately take effect as soon as your phone goes back online.
The main downside of using Find My iPhone though is that you can’t use it if Find My iPhone isn’t enabled on your missing phone. In this case, it’s highly recommended to report your lost or stolen phone to the law enforcement. Or you can also report it to your carrier so they can disable your account, prevent phone calls, texts, and data use.
Aside from Find My iPhone, you can also use other online services to track your phone online with just a phone number without paying any fees. Among the leading options include but not limited to GPS Cell Phone Locator, Free Phone Tracer, and Online GPS Phone Tracker. These mobile phone tracking solutions can be accessed over the Internet and doesn’t require any app download. All you have to do is log into their respective websites and then follow the given instructions to start finding your lost phone using its phone number.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!