Removing the re-inserting the SIM card can help rectify errors attributed to a corrupted or dislodged SIM card such as activation issues, browser connection errors, as well as blank or stuck iPhone display. In case you’re new to iPhones and wondering how to remove or insert SIM card from or on the new iPhone XR, you may consider this context as immediate reference. Read on to learn the proper way of removing and reinstalling SIM card on an iPhone XR.
Standard SIM card removal procedure on an iPhone XR
Although you can remove the SIM card from your iPhone in any way you want, heeding to the recommended and proper procedure won’t hurt.
- Turn the phone off completely. Doing so is recommended to prevent causing any sort of damage to the SIM card or other relevant components on the phone.
- While the phone is powered off, open the SIM card tray by inserting the SIM eject tool into the provided slot on the right edge of the phone. If you don’t have the SIM eject tool, then you can use a small paperclip as an alternative.
- Slightly pushed the eject tool until the tray protrudes and then pull the tray out.
- Finally, remove the SIM card from the tray.
Inserting the SIM card on an iPhone XR
If you just get a hold of your new iPhone XR and need to insert your SIM card in it, then follow these steps to do it right:
- Again, make sure that the phone is powered off.
- While the phone is turned off, open the SIM card tray by inserting the SIM eject tool or a paperclip into the provided slot on the SIM card tray, located on the right edge of the phone.
- Gently push the SIM eject tool or paperclip until the SIM card tray is unlocked and then pull it out.
- Get your SIM card ready.
- Then insert or place the SIM card into the SIM card tray with your carrier logo and SIM card number on the bottom or gold contacts facing up.
- Secure the SIM card into place then press in on the SIM card tray to insert and lock it back into place.
With the two nano-SIM cards in place, insert the SIM tray back into the phone completely and in the same orientation before you removed it. The tray however fits only one way so you’ll know if it’s positioned the right way or not.
Similar to the iPhone XS and XS Max, the iPhone XR also has a dual-SIM feature. Thus it can hold the physical nano-SIM card as well as an electronic SIM card (eSIM). This means that you can have two different phone numbers for calls and text functions on one same iPhone. For more information on how eSIM works and how to avail for it, contact your carrier or service provider.
Furthermore, modifying or altering of SIM card is strongly discouraged as it could damage the SIM card permanently. If necessary, you can ask your carrier for a new SIM card replacement instead.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!