One of the widely used streaming video services among iPhone and iPad owners is the Pandora app. While Apple offers its own radio streaming service, many would still want to try other platforms that would best suit their music demands. If you’re into a more traditional radio like and curated listening experience, then Pandora is one of the best options to consider.
If you already have the Pandora app installed on your iPhone and are experiencing some trouble when using the application, then this post highlights some potential solutions you can try on. Read on to learn what to do with a Pandora app that doesn’t load properly or keeps crashing on an iPhone XS.
Before going further, if you found this post because you were trying to find a solution to your problem, then try to visit our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed most of the commonly reported issues with the phone. We’ve already provided solutions to some of the problems reported by our readers so try to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you and if you need further assistance, fill up our iPhone issues questionnaire and hit submit.
How to troubleshoot iPhone XS with Pandora app that keeps crashing
If you’re using the Pandora Plus or Premium version, you can use the app without an Internet connection. But if you are using the ad-supported version, your phone must be online or connected to the Internet either through Wi-Fi or cellular data connection to stream music with the Pandora app. Thus, check and ensure that your iPhone XS is connected to the Internet. If Internet isn’t a problem, then try any of the following solutions to rule out software-related errors that might have caused Pandora to act up.
First solution: Force close Pandora and background apps.
For first time instances, the app might be just glitching and needs a restart. If you’ve previously opened Pandora, then it could still be running in the background. In that case, you can force close the app with these steps:
- From the Home screen, swipe your finger up and then pause.
- Swipe right or left to navigate through apps preview.
- Then swipe up on the Pandora app preview to end the app.
If you see any other apps running in the background, then clear them all using the same method to prevent any of them from interfering with Pandora.
Second solution: Restart your iPhone.
Minor software errors can also trigger the app to glitch and become rogue. And this is when performing a system restart is needed. That being said, soft reset your iPhone XS with these steps:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release the buttons when the Slide to Power Off command appears and then drag the power off slider to the right.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until the phone reboots.
Alternatively, you can force restart your iPhone XS. This will force all running apps and services as well as the operating system to shutdown and restart. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Power button on the side of the phone and then release when the phone restarts.
Both these restart method are found effective in dealing with minor device issues including app problems attributed to random system errors and glitches. You don’t need to back up files beforehand because both these restarts don’t affect any saved data on the phone memory.
Third solution: Install pending app updates and software update.
Keeping apps up-to-date is highly recommended to ensure ultimate performance and functionality. Outdated apps are usually prone to having issues as they’re unstable. If you didn’t set your third-party apps to auto-update, then you might have missed some important updates for Pandora. To manually check for pending app updates on your iPhone XS, simply follow these steps:
- Tap to open the App Store then scroll down to Updates section.
- Navigate through the list of apps with pending updates.
- Tap the Update button next to Pandora.
- Or tap the Update All button to install all app updates at once.
Reboot your phone after installing all pending app updates to refresh the system and implement new app changes.
Aside from app updates, installing the latest iOS update on your phone can also help fix the problem if system bugs are to blame. If you’re iPhone has at least 50 percent battery life and connected to Wi-Fi internet, you can check for and download new update to iOS then.
- To check for new software update, navigate to Settings-> General-> Software Update menu.
Follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to start downloading and installing update on your phone. After updating, restart your iPhone to ensure all new system changes are properly applied. Doing so will likewise prevent apps from acting up after the recent platform transition.
Fourth solution: Reinstall Pandora app on your iPhone.
If the app is still acting up after applying the previous methods, then it might have been corrupted and no longer able to work unless it’s reinstalled. But before reinstalling, you will need to delete the problematic app from your phone first. And this is how to delete Pandora app on your iPhone XS:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on an app icon until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the X on the Pandora app icon.
- Read the warning prompt, and then select Delete to confirm deletion of the app.
- Reboot your iPhone XS (soft reset) after deleting Pandora app.
- Then open the App Store.
- Search for and select Pandora app from the App Store search results.
- Tap the Cloud icon or Get button to download and reinstall the app.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish installing Pandora on your device.
Wait until the app is completely installed and then give your iPhone another round of restart to refresh its memory and operating system.
Fifth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone.
If the Pandora app started to crash after updating your iPhone software to the latest version, then the app may be just acting up from the recent system changes. Or it could be that some app settings have been overridden by the update and eventually resulted to some conflicts with the Pandora app. To clear this out, try these steps to delete all recent settings changes and then restore the default or original options:
- From the Home screen, tap on Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Then tap the option to confirm all settings reset.
Your iPhone will then start to delete all customized options and then reboots automatically when done. Default options will then be loaded up. To get back online, you will need to turn on and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
Seek more help
If none of the aforementioned solutions helped and the Pandora app continues to crash or fails to load on your iPhone XS, then you can ask further assistance in performing more advanced in-app solutions from the Pandora app developer/support team. You can visit the Pandora Help page for app troubleshooting or dial 510-451-4100 to get in touch with the Pandora support team. Apparently, there’s nothing much can be done on your end to fix the application.
- How to fix battery draining issue on an Apple iPhone XS after installing new update [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Netflix app that keeps crashing, doesn’t load properly on Apple iPhone XS [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Apple iPhone XS apps that are constantly crashing and freezing [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix iPhone XS that has No Internet even if Wi-Fi status says Connected [Troubleshooting Guide]
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone XS smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone XS. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
- How to troubleshoot iPhone XS with Pandora app that keeps crashing