When it comes to social media apps, Facebook emerges among the most popular and widely used applications for both Android and iOS devices. Having said that, many smartphone owners would have that app installed on their recently procured device. Given the app’s reputation, seldom you’d hear Facebook app that’s acting up. But no matter how stable this app can be, it will still give in to random issues. One of the widespread problems encountered by iPhone owners with the Facebook app is on loading failure as well as random crashes.
Apparently, these are software-related issues and that’s a good thing because they are rectifiable. Highlighted below are generic solutions and workarounds that are used to deal with a relevant issue with Facebook that won’t load or keeps crashing on the new iPhone XS Max device. Read on and get some inputs on how to deal with this issue.
Before going further, if you found this post because you were trying to find a solution to your problem, then try to visit our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed most of the commonly reported issues with the phone. We’ve already provided solutions to some of the problems reported by our readers so try to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you and if you need further assistance, fill up our iPhone issues questionnaire and hit submit.
How to troubleshoot iPhone XS Max with Facebook app that keeps crashing?
Before troubleshooting software errors on your iPhone, check and ensure that your device has strong and stable Internet connection. The app won’t be able to load or may be unstable if your phone has intermittent or no internet connection. If your iPhone has No internet, then that’s what you need to deal with first. Otherwise, troubleshoot the app and your iPhone software with these methods.
First solution: Quit Facebook app and running apps on your iPhone XS Max.
If you’ve previously used the app and haven’t closed it, the app will keep running in the background. While this can help when multitasking or reloading of the same app, keeping them running in the background can also increase their chance of crashing. And when they crash, adverse symptoms emerge. To make sure this isn’t the underlying cause, clear Facebook and other background apps on your iPhone XS Max. Here are the steps on how it’s done:
- Swipe up and then pause from the Home screen.
- Swipe right or left to find Facebook app preview.
- Then swipe up on the Facebook app preview to close it.
You can also close any of the background apps to free up and refresh the iPhone’s internal memory. Doing so can also help eliminate conflicts from errant applications.
Second solution: Restart your iPhone XS Max (soft reset).
If clearing background apps failed to fix the problem and Facebook still won’t load or continues to crash, the next possible solution to try would be a soft reset or device restart. Doing so dumps junk files or unwanted cache from the internal memory including those that make Facebook unstable. To soft reset your iPhone XS Max, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume Up or Down buttons simultaneously and then release both buttons when the Slide to Power Off menu appears.
- Then drag the power off slider to turn off your iPhone completely.
- After about 30 seconds, press the Power button again to turn your phone back on.
Allow your device to finish rebooting and then relaunch Facebook to see if it’s already able to load and work stable.
Third solution: Install pending updates for Facebook app.
Keeping apps updated is recommended to ensure optimum app performance. That notion also applies to Facebook app. App developers typically pushed updates soon before or after a new iOS version is released by Apple. It’s their way of keeping their app ready and able to embrace the new platform changes. If you haven’t set your apps to auto-update, then you’re probably missing some updates and that means the need for you to manually update apps on your device. To check and install pending app updates, particularly for Facebook app on your iPhone XS Max, follow these steps:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- Scroll to and tap the Updates icon at the bottom of the App Store main screen. A list of apps with pending updates will then populate.
- Locate Facebook then tap the Update button next to it to install app update.
- If multiple pending app updates are available, tap on the Update All button to update all apps simultaneously.
After installing all pending updates, reboot your iPhone to apply the recent app changes and clear cache from its memory.
Reload the Facebook application and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Fourth solution: Reinstall Facebook app on your iPhone XS Max.
You may need to have Facebook re-installed on your device if it continues to crash or fail to load after exhausting prior solutions. This likewise denotes to uninstall the app beforehand. Reinstalling apps is also another way of clearing the app’s cache and data. That said, it would be worth a shot. Follow these steps to remove/uninstall Facebook app from your iPhone XS Max:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll down and tap General.
- Select iPhone Storage.
- Tap to select Facebook app in the list.
- Select the option to Delete App.
- Read the warning prompt, then tap Delete App to confirm.
- The application will then be uninstalled from the phone system.
After uninstalling app, restart your iPhone and then launch the App Store to search for, download and install the latest version of Facebook app on your iPhone XS Max. Just refer to these steps:
- Tap to open the App Store from the Home screen.
- Browse the App Store and tap Apps at the bottom.
- Scroll to and then tap to select a category or tap Search then enter Facebook into the provided field.
- Tap to select Facebook app from the search results.
- Tap GET then INSTALL to continue.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password to sign into the iTunes Store to complete the app installation.
Allow the app to finish installing, reboot your iPhone, and then try to load the recently installed Facebook application.
Fifth solution: Reset network settings on your iPhone XS Max.
Performing a network settings reset can also be deemed among the last possible solutions to try if none of the prior procedures is able to rectify the error and that Facebook remains unstable on your iPhone. Doing so will erase all current network settings from the phone and then reverts the default or original network configurations. Here’s how it’s done:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings option.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Then tap the option to confirm network settings reset.
When the reset is finished, your iPhone will restart by itself and then loads the default network settings. This means you need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network to reconnect to the Internet and use online apps and services including Facebook on your device. If that still failed to fix the app, then you need to find other options, either to further troubleshoot the app or use other social media apps for iOS 12.
As your last option, you may escalate the problem to Facebook support team and ask further assistance in performing more advanced solutions that may be necessary to get the app to work properly on the new iPhone XS Max and iOS 12 platform. You can also visit Facebook help center to report the issue and ask additional inputs or other fixes.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone XS Max smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone XS Max. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
- How to troubleshoot iPhone XS Max with Facebook app that keeps crashing?
- First solution: Quit Facebook app and running apps on your iPhone XS Max.
- Second solution: Restart your iPhone XS Max (soft reset).
- Third solution: Install pending updates for Facebook app.
- Fourth solution: Reinstall Facebook app on your iPhone XS Max.
- Fifth solution: Reset network settings on your iPhone XS Max.
- Connect with us