There are a variety of methods for you to add text and captions to pictures in an iPhone. You can add a plain text caption, create custom colors, fonts and other captions integrated into different positions on your pictures. And this post will help you get all these things done. Read on to learn how to add a text to a picture using built-in editor and some photo-editing third-party apps on your iPhone.
Using iPhone Markup Photo/Markup editor on your iPhone
If you’re iPhone is running in iOS 10 or later platforms, you can use the built-in photo editor app called Markup Photo editor. With this tool, you can draw on images, create callouts, flip photos, add text, and more. You can access the Markup editor from the Photos app on your iPhone. Here’s how it works:
- Open the Photos app from your iPhone Home screen.
- Scroll down to the Photos tab in the lower left of the screen.
- Select the photo that you want to edit or add a text on.
- Tap the Edit button in the bottom toolbar. It looks like a series of horizontal sliders.
- Then tap the More (…) button.
- Tap Markup then start adding doodles, callouts, and text to your photos.
You can also paint on your photos using the Markup editor on your iPhone.
- To do this, simply use the drawing pencil icon in the lower left of the Markup editor screen, select your preferred color, and then start doodling your photo. If you wish to add a callout to your photo, simply tap on the Callout icon. It looks like a lowercase A that is partially obstructed by a circle. Once you tap on that icon, a circular callout will appear.
- To highlight any aspect of your image, simply touch and drag the circular callout. You can also adjust the callout size and magnification based on your preferences.
To add a text to a photo in Markup editor, you can also use its text function. Here’s how:
- Access the Markup editor from the Photos app then tap the text icon. It looks like an uppercase T in a white box.
- If you see the placeholder word “Text” on the screen, tap the text box then tap Edit.
- Enter or type the words you would want to add to the picture.
- When you’re done adding text to the picture, tap Done to save it.
If you want to change the color of your text, just pick the color you like from the color menu.
The font face, size, and text alignment in the Markup editor can also be adjusted as you desire. Simply use the given options and menu icons to do so.
Adding text to a picture in an iPhone using third-party apps
Aside from the preinstalled Markup editor, you can also use third-party apps to add texts on your pictures in your iPhone. Numerous third-party label apps are designed to work on the iOS platform and serve such purpose. One of the widely used tools is the Photoshop Express Captions. It offers a free solution based on the Adobe Photoshop platform and is designed to cater the needs of mobile users. To make use of this app, download it from the App Store and install it your iPhone. Once the app is installed, follow these steps to start adding text to your pictures using Photoshop Express Captions:
- Launch the Photoshop Express Captions app on your phone.
- Then open a desired picture in the app.
- Look for the text icon (looks like an uppercase T) on the bottom menu bar then tap on it. A menu of caption box options will then appear with a range of styles.
- Select your favorite style and enter the text to customize the picture.
You should notice that the caption options in this app are neat and look professional, thus you can expect great outcomes.
There are many other third-party photo editing apps for iOS you can use aside from the Photoshop Express Captions app. Simply search for and download the preferred app on your iPhone then start customizing your photos with it.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!