Social media platforms and applications generally rely on network and server availability to work as intended. Without a stable network Internet connection, these apps won’t work. The same thing happens when the app servers experience downtimes. Hence, these two must be regarded among the first factors to look into when dealing with random issues affecting social media apps and other online services. Aside from Facebook, Twitter emerges among the most popular and widely used social media platforms in mobile devices to-date. And the fact that millions of people are on Twitter, app developers must have been working round the clock to keep the site and apps as stable and flawless as possible.
Even so, there are certain factors that make Twitter give into to random issues. And network problems and server downtimes are among the usual triggers. Highlighted below are standard procedures or generic solutions used to deal with a problem with Twitter app on the new iPhone XR handset. Read on to learn how to troubleshoot your iPhone XR Twitter app that’s suddenly crashing or not loading properly.
For those who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this phone. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you still need our help, contact us anytime through our iPhone issues questionnaire.
How to troubleshoot iPhone XR with Twitter app that keeps crashing
Before troubleshooting software issues that may cause Twitter app to act up, check your Internet connection. If your iPhone XR is experiencing slow browsing issues, intermittent or unstable Internet connection, or no Internet connection at all, then you need to deal with Internet problems first. Otherwise, perform any of these subsequent workarounds.
First solution: End all background apps and services on your iPhone XR.
Some background apps that have gone rogue may also affect other app routines. To make sure this isn’t causing Twitter to suddenly act up, clear all background apps from your iPhone XR with these steps:
- From the Home screen, swipe your finger up and then pause.
- Swipe right or left to navigate through apps preview.
- Then swipe up on an app preview to close apps individually.
Follow the same steps to clear all running apps from your device. Once you’re done clearing background apps, retry loading Twitter and see if it’s already able to load and work properly again. If it’s still not working, move on and try the next applicable solutions.
Second solution: Reboot your iPhone XR.
Minor firmware glitches and system errors may also affect online apps and services like Twitter. If this the first time the app is misbehaving, then it could be just a random glitch and therefore can easily be remedied by restarting the phone. Here’s how to reboot/soft reset your iPhone XR.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release the buttons when the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- Drag the power off slider to the right.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until the phone boots up.
If the phone screen seems to freeze or becomes unresponsive as the app crashes, then you can do the alternative method which is to force restart your iPhone XR. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Performing a force restart ends all suspended apps and background services and then reboots the system. It works the same as a soft reset when it comes to dealing with minor software errors and dumping corrupted temporary data from the phone’s internal memory. Both these methods don’t affect your iPhone data, hence no backup is needed.
Third solution: Update Twitter app to the latest version.
If you haven’t set your Twitter app to auto-update, then there may be some updates that you missed to install. Keeping apps updated is recommended to keep them performing stable and optimal. Thus installing the latest update for Twitter could also fix the problem. If your Internet is stable, then follow these steps to manually check for and install pending updates for Twitter and other apps on your iPhone XR:
- Tap App Store from your Home screen. Doing so will launch the App Store main screen.
- Scroll down to and then tap the Updates section. A list of apps with pending updates then shows up.
- Scroll to find Twitter on the list and then tap the Update button to update the app.
- If multiple app updates are up for grabs, then tap the Update All button on the upper-right side of the screen to simultaneously install all pending updates instead.
Reboot your iPhone when all apps are finished updating and then load Twitter again to see if it’s already loading and working stable.
Fourth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone XR.
Performing this reset may also be the key to resolving the issue if incorrect settings on the phone are to blame. This reset clears all customized settings and then restores the original values or default configurations without affecting any saved information on the phone. Here’s how it’s done:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and tap on Reset.
- Select the option to Reset All Settings.
- Enter your device passcode, when asked to proceed.
- Then tap the option to confirm all settings reset.
Allow your phone to finish resetting and restoring default values and options. Once the reset is finished, the device will restart by itself. As soon as boots up, reconnect to Wi-Fi internet and then load Twitter again to see if the problem is gone.
Fifth solution: Delete Twitter app from your iPhone XR then reinstall it.
The last possible solution is to delete and then reinstall the application. This is recommended especially if the app becomes totally corrupted and is no longer functional. Reinstalling the app is also a way of clearing all cache and temporary data from the app’s memory including corrupted data that might have destabilize the application. So here’s what you should do then:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on an app icon until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the X on the Twitter app icon.
- Read the warning prompt, and then select Delete to confirm deletion of the app.
- Reboot your iPhone XS (soft reset) after deleting Twitter app.
- Then open the App Store.
- Search for and then select Twitter app from the search results.
- Tap the Cloud icon or Get button to download and reinstall the app.
Wait until Twitter is completely reinstalled. When it’s done installing, reboot your iPhone once again to ensure all recent changes are properly implemented and likewise to refresh the operating system. The app should already be working fine by now but if it still doesn’t, then the problem is likely not on your end.
Seek more help
If you still couldn’t get Twitter app to load properly on your iPhone XR, then you can reach out to Twitter support to escalate the problem. There might be some server issues that caused Twitter to suddenly become unstable and therefore keeps crashing on your iPhone XR. You can ask further support in carrying out more advanced solutions to resolve the underlying cause be it on your end or Twitter server. In the meantime, you can switch to other social media platforms to use until Twitter is back up and running properly again.
- How to fix iMessage that is not working on an Apple iPhone XR [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix No Service error on Apple iPhone XR, calling and texting services not available [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix slow internet browsing issue on your Apple iPhone XR [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix email setup errors on Apple iPhone XR, cannot set up/add email account to Mail app [Troubleshooting Guide]
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone XR smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone XR. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
- How to troubleshoot iPhone XR with Twitter app that keeps crashing
- First solution: End all background apps and services on your iPhone XR.
- Second solution: Reboot your iPhone XR.
- Third solution: Update Twitter app to the latest version.
- Fourth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone XR.
- Fifth solution: Delete Twitter app from your iPhone XR then reinstall it.
- Seek more help
- Connect with us