More and more social networking apps are now created to address various mobile social needs by the augmenting number of smartphone users worldwide and Instagram is one of the widely used platforms. Anyone who wants to use Instagram must create an account. Aside from daily news feed, every photo or video posted on your Instagram app will also be shown on your profile.
Basically, it’s a photo-sharing platform that works similar to Facebook and Twitter and it’s fairly easy to use. Considering the fact that Instagram is a network-based app, minor issues from network connections errors and server problems are inevitable. Hence bumping into random problems when using Instagram is likewise anticipated regardless of the device the app is running on.
Highlighted below are potential solutions to an Instagram issue on the new iPhone XS Max handset. Read on to find out what to do whenever Instagram isn’t loading properly or keeps crashing on your new iPhone.
But before anything else, if you have another issue with your phone, drop by our troubleshooting page as we have already addressed hundreds of issues reported by the owners. Odds are that there are already existing solutions on our website or at least, there are similar problems we already fixed. So, try to find ones that are similar or related to your problem. If you need further assistance, however, feel free to contact us by filling up our iPhone issues questionnaire.
How to troubleshoot iPhone XS Max with Instagram that keeps crashing
Before troubleshooting, check and ensure that your phone is has fast and stable Internet access. Slow, intermittent, and no Internet connection are usually to blame whenever an online app is misbehaving. If your Internet is working perfectly fine but Instagram isn’t, then you can rule out app errors by performing any of the following solutions. Don’t forget to test the app after applying each method to determine if the problem is fixed or not.
First solution: Force close Instagram and other background apps.
The app might have crashed and gone rogue due to other errant apps or corrupted files. This is usually what happens when the app was left suspended or running in the background for long. To clear this out, forcing the app to close would be necessary. If you happened to open or use Instagram before and haven’t closed it yet, then the app might have probably crashed. So here’s what you can try doing first:
- From the Home screen, swipe your finger up and then pause.
- Swipe right or left to navigate through apps preview.
- Then swipe up on the Instagram preview to end or force close the application.
Do the same to close the other background apps running on your iPhone XS Max to prevent any of them from causing conflict or interfering with Instagram.
Second solution: Restart your iPhone XS Max (soft reset).
Software errors triggered by some random bugs are other factors to consider ruling out when dealing with app problems depicted by random crashes and loading errors. Your iPhone might be experiencing some random system glitches that adversely affect online apps like Instagram. In that case, the problem will likely be resolved by performing a soft reset or restarting your iPhone XS Max with these steps:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release the buttons when the Slide to Power Off command appears and then drag the power off slider to the right.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until the phone reboots.
Performing a soft reset also clears caches and temporary data from the internal memory including junk files that caused random app errors.
Third solution: Install new updates for Instagram and iOS.
Fixes to bug-inflicted symptoms are usually embedded into new updates, thus keeping the phone software up-to-date is highly recommended. Installing new updates for Instagram or iOS is therefore deemed among the potential solutions. If you haven’t set Instagram to auto-install updates, then chances are that you’ve missed implementing some important updates for the application. In this case, manually checking for and installing pending updates for Instagram would be necessary. Here’s how it’s done:
- Tap to open the App Store.
- From the App Store main screen, scroll down to and then tap the Updates tab. A list of apps with pending updates will then show up.
- Then find Instagram and tap the Update button next to it it. Doing so will instigate manual installation of Instagram updates.
- If multiple app updates are available, simply tap the Update All button to install all app updates at once.
After installing updates for Instagram and other apps, check for new iOS update available for your iPhone XS Max. If your phone has stable Wi-Fi connection and ample of power, you can check for and manually install over-the-air (OTA) updates with these steps:
- Tap Settings from your Home screen.
- Select General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If a new update is available, select the option to Download and Install.
For safekeeping, backing up of important files before updating is recommended.
After installing new updates for apps and iOS, reboot/soft reset your iPhone XS Max to apply the recent changes to Instagram and to the operating system.
Fourth solution: Delete then reinstall Instagram on your iPhone XS Max.
If Instagram is still showing the same symptoms and not loading properly after applying the previous solutions, then there’s a higher chance that the app has been totally corrupted. If that’s what happened, the only possible way to get Instagram back up and running is to delete and reinstall it on your phone. So here’s what you should do then:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on an app icon until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the X on the Instagram app icon.
- Read the warning prompt, and then select Delete to confirm deletion of the app.
- Reboot your iPhone XS Max (soft reset) after deleting Instagram app.
- Then open the App Store.
- Search for and select Instagram app from the App Store search results.
- Tap the Cloud icon or Get button to download and reinstall the app.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish installing Instagram on your phone.
After successfully installing Instagram, launch the app and see if it’s already working fine.
Fifth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone XS Max.
Performing any of the aforementioned solutions is usually good enough to get rid of in-app errors and relevant factors that might have halted Instagram from functioning. If the problem persists, then the next factors and possible causes that you need to rule out are system errors on the phone. And the next possible solution you can try on is to reset all settings on your iPhone. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, tap on Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Then tap the option to confirm all settings reset.
Your phone will then start wiping all customized settings and then restores the default values and original options. Incorrect configurations that caused errors to Instagram are likewise cleared out in the process. After the reset, your iPhone reboots automatically and then loads the default values and settings. This denotes the need for you to re-enable necessary features like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections to use them again on your phone.
Seek more help
For more advanced troubleshooting methods, report the problem to Instagram support through email or contact Instagram support hotline. If you can open the Instagram app, then you can select the option to contact Instagram Customer service directly from the app.
If you don’t get immediate response from the support team, then you can just switch to other alternative apps that serve same purpose. Should this be a widespread issue with the Instagram app or server, the support team will surely work on a fix at the soonest time possible.
- How to fix Books App, Apple Books that is not working on Apple iPhone XS Max [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Twitter app that keeps crashing, doesn’t load properly on your Apple iPhone XS Max [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an Apple iPhone XS Max that suddenly won’t turn on [Troubleshooting Guide]
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!
- How to troubleshoot iPhone XS Max with Instagram that keeps crashing
- First solution: Force close Instagram and other background apps.
- Second solution: Restart your iPhone XS Max (soft reset).
- Third solution: Install new updates for Instagram and iOS.
- Fourth solution: Delete then reinstall Instagram on your iPhone XS Max.
- Fifth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone XS Max.
- Seek more help