One of the best-rated free music apps for iPhone is the Pandora Radio. This music app offers excellent song selection and intuitive recommendations for you to discover new music. It embeds a large number of preset radio stations such as dance, country, alternative and jazz. All these along with Pandora’s song recommendations make it a complex Internet radio app that’s a must-have for any music fanatics. But like other music apps, Pandora app is not perfect. In fact, many iOS device users include those with iPhone 8 Plus have encountered various issues while using Pandora.
Among the transpiring issues would include but not limited to sluggishness, intermittent streaming, freezes and crashes. Tackled in this context is the issue on Pandora that frequently crashes on the iPhone 8 Plus. Read on to determine the common factors that can cause the Pandora for iPhone app to stop working or keep crashing and how to fix and stabilize the app on your new iPhone. Keep reading for more information.
For smartphone owners who found our site while trying to find a solution, try to see if your phone is one of the devices we support. If it is, then visit the troubleshooting page for that device, browse through it to find issues that are similar with yours and feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. However, if you still need our help after that, then fill up our iPhone issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
First solution: Clear Pandora and other background apps.
Random app glitches are usually the main reasons as to why an app suddenly stops working. If this is the first time for Pandora to go rogue and crash on your iPhone 8 Plus, then clearing the app will likely fix it. To get this done, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button twice quickly. It’s the same as when you double-click a program icon on the computer.
- On the next screen, you should see a list of recently used apps.
- Locate Pandora from the list and then swipe up on the app to clear it.
If you see other background apps, also clear them all to prevent them from causing conflict. Any of these background apps can crash or become corrupted at some point and when this happens, there’s a tendency for your phone other apps like Pandora to become affected.
- How to fix Netflix that keeps crashing and stops working on an iPhone 8 Plus after installing a new iOS update (easy steps)
- How to fix iPhone 8 Plus Safari app that is frequently crashing, sluggish or loading very slow (easy steps)
- How to fix YouTube that keeps crashing on your iPhone 8 Plus [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Facebook app that keeps crashing on your iPhone 8 Plus (easy steps)
- How to fix Twitter app that is not working stable or keeps crashing on your iPhone 8 Plus (easy steps)
Second solution: Reboot your iPhone 8 Plus (soft reset).
If clearing the app failed to fix the problem and your Pandora app is still crashing, then try performing soft reset or simply reboot your iPhone 8 Plus. This will clear any glitches and minor errors that might have ruined the system functions and apps like Pandora. Here’s how a soft reset is done on your new iPhone:
- Press and hold the Power or Side button for a few seconds.
- When you see the Slide to Power Off menu, release the Power button.
- Then drag the slider to the right. This will trigger your iPhone to shut down.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again and then release when the Apple logo appears.
Meanwhile, if your screen becomes unresponsive as Pandora crashes, the previous steps won’t be possible. As alternative procedure, you can force restart your iPhone 8 Plus with these steps:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
A force restart works the same as soft reset without affecting any data saved in the internal memory. The only distinction is on how it’s carried out.
Third solution: Reset network settings on your iPhone 8 Plus.
Music streaming with the Pandora iPhone app is possible through Wi-Fi. Having said that, your iPhone must be connected to a stable and preferably, fast Internet connection when using Pandora. Otherwise, the app won’t work as intended. If your experiencing random Internet connectivity issues, then you will need to deal with that first. You can try resetting the network settings to set up and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network. This will clear any minor network errors affecting your Internet connection.
- Tap Settings from Home.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Tap the option to Reset network settings. This will clear network settings on your device including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, then restore their default values without affecting any data stored on the internal memory.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Then tap the option to confirm network settings reset on your iPhone 8 Plus.
Reboot your iPhone to apply the recent changes you’ve made and to refresh the internal memory as well. Don’t forget to set up and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network to use the Internet on your iPhone again.
Fourth solution: Install app updates available on the App Store.
Updates also contain fix patches to address and get rid of any bug or malicious software that might have destabilize apps Pandora. That said, head over to the App Store check for any available app updates to install. Here’s how:
- To get started, tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- From the App Store main screen, tap the Updates icon at the bottom right. A list of your apps with pending updates will then show up on the next screen.
- Tap the Update button next to Snapchat to install new update for Pandora.
- If multiple updates for apps are available, tap Update All to update all apps at once.
Wait for your device to finish updating apps and then perform a soft reset to apply the recent changes.
Fifth solution: Uninstall Pandora then reinstall.
If nothing works and the problem persists after exhausting all applicable solutions and suggested workarounds, then deleting the app would be the next option to consider. Deleting the app would be necessary especially if the app itself is completely corrupted and no longer works. Here’s how:
- Tap and hold on any app icon from the Home screen.
- When you see the icons start to jiggle, tap the X in the left corner of the Pandora app icon. Doing so will delete or uninstall the app from your iPhone.
- Tap Delete to confirm action.
Wait for your device to finish deleting the corrupted Pandora app and then restart your iPhone when done. After it’s boots up, open the App Store app to search for, download and install the latest version of Pandora that’s compatible with your iPhone 8 Plus. Here’s how:
- Tap to open the App Store.
- From the App Store main screen, enter Pandora or Pandora for iPhone in the search field.
- Select Pandora app from the search result.
- Read the app information, reviews, and system requirements. If supported by your iPhone, then you can proceed and download the app by tapping on the Cloud icon or Get button.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to continue.
Wait for your iPhone to finish installing the new Pandora app then restart again to apply the recent changes and to ensure that everything is properly implemented.
Seek more help
For further assistance and other options, contact Pandora Support or visit the official support page of Pandora online. There might be some advanced settings from within the app that needs to be managed or reconfigured to make it work smoothly with the current platform or iOS version your iPhone 8 Plus is running on. If you see any error message or code as Pandora app crashes or stops working, you may relay that message/code to a Pandora support representative. Error messages or codes are designed to serve as clues for end-users to know about what went wrong and what must be done to make the app work properly again.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 7 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Posts you may also like to read:
- How to fix crackling noise during calls, call failed error, other calling issues on the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Why does my iPhone 8 Plus Keyboard won’t work, display boxes instead of letters and how to fix it? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix static noise, audio cutting off, and no sound problems on your iPhone 8 Plus [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus Charging Issues: What to do if your iPhone 8 Plus won’t charge or charges very slowly? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an iPhone 8 Plus that shows liquid has been detected warning after an update [Troubleshooting Guide]
- First solution: Clear Pandora and other background apps.
- Second solution: Reboot your iPhone 8 Plus (soft reset).
- Third solution: Reset network settings on your iPhone 8 Plus.
- Fourth solution: Install app updates available on the App Store.
- Fifth solution: Uninstall Pandora then reinstall.
- Seek more help
- Connect with us