Network errors are usually the main reason as to why the App Store would fail to work as it should. The thing is, you would only find out that something wrong the moment you would attempt to launch the App Store to update, download, or install apps on your device. Aside from network connectivity issues, bad updates, data corruption and errant apps can also trigger sudden occurrence of App Store problems.
Fortunately, these are types of problems that are rectifiable by some workarounds and therefore can be remedied at home. To give you some inputs on how to deal with App Store problems on your iPhone 8 Plus, particularly with App Store connection failure, I’ve mapped out some simple solutions as troubleshooting reference. Try any of these subsequent solutions before taking a trip to an Apple Genius bar and pay extra for tech service.
But before anything else, if you have another issue with your phone, drop by our troubleshooting page as we have already addressed hundreds of issues reported by the owners. Odds are that there are already existing solutions on our website or at least, there are similar problems we already fixed. So, try to find ones that are similar or related to your problem. If you need further assistance, however, feel free to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
How to troubleshoot iPhone 8 Plus that won’t connect to the App Store?
Before you troubleshoot your iPhone 8 Plus, verify if the Internet connection is up and working properly. Internet problems from intermittent connection to no Internet access at all can be the main reason why the App Store isn’t available at the moment. Browse through different websites and see if your phone can access. If not, then that’s the problem that you have to deal with first. Continue to troubleshoot if your Internet connection is working fine but the App Store isn’t.
First solution: Clear all background apps then restart App Store.
Background apps are comprised of running apps. These are apps you’ve recently opened or used but not closed. They’re technically in standby mode and running in the background. While background apps play an important role when it comes to multitasking, there is a chance for any of them to become corrupted and adversely affect other apps and functions of your phone. And among the possibilities is that other apps would suddenly stop working. To make sure this isn’t what’s halting your iPhone from connecting to the App Store, try these steps to clear all background apps and then restart App Store on your iPhone 8 Plus:
- Double-tap the Home key to view all recently used/opened apps.
- Swipe right or left to navigate through running app previews.
- Then swipe up on each app’s preview to close app.
After clearing all background apps on your iPhone 8 Plus, launch the App Store and then try to see if your phone connects successfully.
Second solution: Reboot/soft reset your iPhone.
Restarting the problematic application may not be enough especially if the problem is tied to random software errors on the phone. In this case, performing a soft reset or device restart can be the next possible solution to try on. A soft reset is also a way of clearing apps cache and temporary data. Thus it’s a potential solution to random app problems caused by errant cache. Here’s how to soft reset your iPhone 8 Plus:
- Press and hold the Power button until the Slide to Power off command appears.
- Then drag the slider to turn off the phone completely.
- After 30 seconds, press the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button and wait until your phone boots up completely.
Wait until your phone is finished booting up and then retry to open and connect to the App Store.
Third solution: Reset network settings on your iPhone.
Invalid network settings on the phone can also cause errors to network-related applications like the App Store. This can happen after installing a software update that’s programmed to override network settings on the receiving devices automatically. There’s a tendency to end up having conflict settings and thereby yield to a problem. As resolution, try to reset network settings on the phone to clear all current network configurations and then restore the default network values and options. After the reset, you can enable individual features accordingly. To get this done, follow these steps:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select Reset network settings from the given option. Doing so will trigger the phone to erase its current network configurations and then restore default network settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to proceed.
- Then tap the option to confirm network settings reset.
Your iPhone should reboot by itself when the reset is finished. After it reboots, you can continue setting up your network connection and enable other network-related features on the phone.
Fourth solution: Update device software to the latest version.
The latest iOS update may have the required fix for the problem you’re dealing with. Typically, device manufacturers roll out updates that contain bug fixes to address random issues inflicted by some malwares. This could offer you the fix you need, so go ahead and check your device.
- To manually check for new update on your iPhone 8 Plus, go to Settings-> General-> Software Update menu.
If an update is available, you will see an update notification that says so. Before downloading the update, you may back up your files first for safekeeping. Then follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the latest iOS version on your phone.
After updating, restart/soft reset your iPhone 8 Plus, to ensure that all new system changes are properly implemented.
Fifth solution: Reset then restore your iPhone 8 Plus to factory defaults.
Among the last possible solutions to try if your iPhone still cannot connect to the App Store is a master reset or factory reset. This will erase everything from the phone including saved apps and data, contacts and personal information. Tough bugs that caused complex software issues on the phone are likewise obliterated in the process, thus giving your iPhone a clean fresh start afterwards. Just don’t forget to back up all your important files so you can still recover them later. Once you’re all set, follow these steps to master reset your iPhone 8 Plus through settings:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select the option to Erase All Content and Settings.
- If prompted, enter your passcode or tap any of the given iCloud Backup options you prefer then follow the onscreen prompts.
- Tap to select Backup Then Erase or Erase Now. Choosing the first option will prompt your device to create a backup to iCloud before erasing while the latter immediately erases then reset without backing up.
Allow your device to reset and restore the default settings. Once it’s finished, it will reboot by itself. After the reset, you will need to set up your iPhone and enable necessary features to use them again.
Alternatively, you can backup and reset your iPhone 8 Plus on a computer through iTunes. You can use either a Windows PC or Mac computer that has the latest version of iTunes app installed. Then get started by plugging your iPhone to the computer via USB cable or Lightning cable.
If your iPhone 8 Plus still failed to connect to App Store after exhausting all applicable solutions including the aforementioned procedures, escalate the problem to Apple Support for further assistance. You can also ask them to double-check the current status of Apple servers on their system. App Store services won’t be available if the Apple server is down as your device wouldn’t be able to connect to the server. Open iTunes on your computer and follow the reset of the iTunes commands to reset your iPhone 8 Plus to its factory settings.
- How to fix an iPhone 8 Plus that is stuck on black screen of death, won’t turn on (easy steps)
- How to fix an iPhone 8 Plus that is overheating after installing software update (easy steps)
- What to do when your iPhone 8 Plus is not recognized in iTunes on your computer? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an iPhone 8 Plus that failed to restore and gets stuck on recovery mode [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix your iPhone 8 Plus that is stuck on Apple logo, can’t boot up to unlock screen [Troubleshooting Guide]
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone 8 Plus smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 8 Plus. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
- How to troubleshoot iPhone 8 Plus that won’t connect to the App Store?
- First solution: Clear all background apps then restart App Store.
- Second solution: Reboot/soft reset your iPhone.
- Third solution: Reset network settings on your iPhone.
- Fourth solution: Update device software to the latest version.
- Fifth solution: Reset then restore your iPhone 8 Plus to factory defaults.
- Connect with us