Facebook app appears to be the most popular social media app for mobile devices to date. But just like other widely used apps, Facebook is not perfect. As a matter of fact, many people have been raising complaints regarding the Facebook app that seems to be working unstable on their respective iOS devices. Problems like this typically occur following new changes made to the iOS platform as such when a new firmware update is implemented on the iPhone. The good thing about dealing with apps problems is the higher chance of getting it fixed on your end. Hence taking hefty trips to a service center won’t be necessary.
Here in this post, I have outlined some helpful workarounds and potential solutions to a pertinent issue transpiring on the iPhone 7 handset. Read on and find out how to fix your Facebook app that often crashes on this iOS device.
Before going any further though, if you have other concerns with your new iPhone, make sure you drop by our iPhone 7 troubleshooting page for we have already started supporting the device. Moreover, if you need further assistance, you can always contact us by completing our iPhone issues questionnaire and providing us with sufficient information about the problem.
First solution: Force close Facebook app.
Apps can give into random errors that triggered them to act weird or become stable. This can occur unexpectedly especially when triggered by some factors. As initial remedy, try to force close the app. Doing so gives it a fresh start. For starters, here’s how to force Facebook to close on your iPhone 7:
- Double-tap the Home button to view your most recently used apps.
- Swipe right or left to locate Facebook app.
- Swipe up on the Facebook app preview to close it.
After a few seconds, tap to re-launch the app on your iPhone and see if it’s already working fine and stable. If not, then move on to the next solution.
It can also help to clear all your recent apps running in the background. Any of these background apps can crash at some point and if that happens other apps or system functions might as well be affected. To rule this out from the possible triggers, clear recent apps on your iPhone 7 with these steps:
- Press the Home button twice quickly to show a list of all your recently used apps.
- Swipe up on each app to close. Do the same with the rest of your background apps.
Once you’re done, restart your phone.
Second solution: Restart or force restart your iPhone 7.
A soft reset or device restart can potential fix the problem if it’s triggered by minor glitches transpiring on the iPhone. Various types of device issues are dealt with by a soft reset hence it is among the first recommended solution to try on when dealing with random software malfunctions.
To perform a soft reset on your iPhone 7, just restart your device as you usually do. Press the Power button until the Slide to Power Off menu appears. Drag the slider to power off your device. Then after 30 seconds, press the Power button again until the device power cycles.
In the case where your iPhone is not responding after Facebook crashes, an alternative forced reboot would be necessary.
To force your iPhone 7 to reboot, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for about 10 to 20 seconds and then release both the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Similar to a soft reset, a force restart does the same positive outcome without affect any of your iPhone data.
Third solution: Update Facebook app.
Apps like Facebook are frequently updated to keep up with the latest platform changes implemented by Apple. Similar to firmware updates, app updates also contain bug fixes to address existing problems caused by certain bugs affecting the application. To check for available update for Facebook and other apps, follow these steps:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- Tap the Updates icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Look for Facebook app. If an Update option is shown next to Facebook, tap on it to install the latest update for Facebook.
- If you see multiple apps updates available, tap the Update All button instead.
Wait until all your apps updates are successfully implemented. Restart your iPhone then try to launch and use Facebook. See how it performs this time.
Fourth solution: Uninstall then reinstall Facebook app on your iPhone 7.
Reinstalling the Facebook app can be a shortcut to eradicating any glitches that’s causing the app to become unstable. If you’ve reached this point having the same issue, then uninstall and reinstall Facebook on your device. Here’s how:
- Tap and hold on the Facebook icon or any app icon on the Home screen.
- When the icons start to jiggle, tap the X on the top corner of the Facebook app icon.
- Tap Delete to confirm action. The Facebook app will then be removed.
- To reinstall the app, head back to the App Store, search for the latest version of Facebook app for iOS, then download and install the new Facebook app on your device.
After the new Facebook app is installed, reboot your iPhone then launch Facebook and see if that fixes the problem.
- Factory reset. You may consider a factory reset as your last resort if you think it’s worth a shot. You have to note though that this will wipe all your data and personal information stored on the internal memory so creating a backup would be necessary beforehand. Should you wish to take your chance in this reset, you may do so at your own expense. You can perform a factory reset through your iPhone Settings menu, then tap General-> Reset-> Erase All Content and Settings. Alternatively you can use iTunes to reset or restore your iPhone 7 on a computer. Opt for iTunes if you wish to restore your device to a previous iOS backup. But then again if that’s not feasible, then use alternative social media apps instead.
- Contact Facebook support. Escalate the problem to the Facebook support team especially if it occurs after installing a new update for Facebook. Doing so will let them be aware of the issue and tagged it among other post-update problems that needs prompt fixing.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 7 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Posts you may also like to read:
- Apple iPhone 7 Overheating Issue: Why does my iPhone 7 get very hot? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an unresponsive iPhone 7 (black screen, no power, no boot) [troubleshooting guide]
- What to do when iPhone 7 is showing Temperature: iPhone needs to cool down error, other issues
- What to do if faced with iPhone 7 battery drain problem after installing iOS 11, other issues
- iPhone 7 won’t turn on, screen stays black, overheating after repair, other issues