Software updates do come with pros and cons as what Apple’s every iOS release generates. Symptoms can be either minor or complex. Usually, transpiring symptoms of a software update are minor, which denotes they’re fixable. Tackled in this post is a common issue encountered by iOS device owners following a new iOS update implementation. It’s on the YouTube app that keeps crashing or not loading properly on the iPhone SE. Read on to find out what options and/or possible solutions to try when dealing with such post-update app problem on the same iPhone variant.
Now, before anything else, if you have other issues with your phone, make sure you drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already provided solutions to hundreds of problems reported by our readers. Odds are that we may have already provided a solution to the problem you currently have so try to find issues that are similar with yours on that page and feel free to use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work or if you need further assistance, fill up our iPhone issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to troubleshoot iPhone SE with Youtube app that won’t load properly
First off, check your Internet connection. Online apps like YouTube won’t be able to work properly if network problems occur. That said, verify and ensure that your iPhone is connected and has stable Internet connection. Otherwise, you need to deal with network connectivity issues on your iPhone first for YouTube to work as intended. If the Internet connection is good and your iPhone SE has stable access but the problem persists, then it’s time to troubleshoot.
First solution: Force close YouTube and background apps.
It’s normal for some apps to act up whenever a new software is installed. This is perhaps due to the platform change. Should this be the case, clearing the app will usually fix it. So here’s what you can try on first:
- Press the Home button twice quickly. Doing so will show up a list of recently used apps. These apps aren’t closed and so, they’re still running in the background.
- Find the YouTube app from the app’s preview and then swipe up on it.
After clearing YouTube and other background apps, try loading YouTube again and see if things are already working as intended.
- How to fix Netflix that keeps crashing, not working on your iPhone SE after updating to iOS 11.3.1 [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Twitter that keeps crashing on your iPhone SE after updating to iOS 11.3.1 [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix email / Mail app problems on the Apple iPhone SE [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix a Messenger app that keeps crashing on Apple iPhone SE (easy steps)
Second solution: Restart your iPhone SE (soft reset).
If clearing the app doesn’t help, then try a system restart or soft reset. This helps clear app cache that might have been corrupted due to the new update. It also refreshes the iPhone system without affecting any saved data on the internal memory. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power Off button appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- After 30 seconds, press the Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
If your iPhone screen gets stuck as YouTube crashes, you can do a force restart instead.
- To do so, press and hold the Power button and Home button simultaneously for about 10 to 20 seconds and then release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
After the phone reboots, check your Internet connection and if it’s good, launch YouTube app and see if it’s working fine already.
Third solution: Restart/refresh Wi-Fi connection on your iPhone.
To completely rule Internet connectivity issues out from the underlying cause, restart your iPhone Wi-Fi. Doing so will refresh Wi-Fi function of your phone and restart the connection. Just follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi switch to turn it off.
- After about 30 seconds tap the switch again to turn Wi-Fi back on.
If that won’t work, then you may resort to a network settings reset on your iPhone SE. This will delete wireless networks from your device and allows you to connect to Wi-Fi internet as if it’s the first time it does. Any network errors that might have caused the YouTube app to become erratic or unstable will likely be cleared in the process. To reset network settings on your iPhone SE, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select Reset network settings from the given options.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- The tap the option to confirm network settings reset.
Allow your device to complete the reset and reboots automatically. Afterwards, set up and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network. Once your device is connected, try to launch the YouTube app and see if it is already working properly.
Fourth solution: Install updates for YouTube and other apps.
App updates are usually rolled out following a system update. This is to ensure that the apps are still compatible and working with current operating system version of the phone. To check for and install new pending app updates including YouTube update, follow these steps:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen. Doing so will route you to the App Store main screen.
- Navigate to the bottom right of the screen and then tap the Updates icon. A new screen containing a list of apps with pending updates will then show up.
- Find YouTube from the list then tap the Update button next to it.
- If you see multiple applications with pending updates, tap the Update All button instead. Doing so will update all apps simultaneously.
Allow the updates to install completely then restart your iPhone to refresh apps and iOS.
Fifth solution: Delete YouTube app then reinstall it.
If the problem continues after exhausting all prior procedures, the YouTube app on your iPhone might have been totally corrupted after the new iOS update and therefore needs to be deleted or uninstalled. Once deleted, you can reinstall YouTube app from the App Store to get the fresh and latest version of the app that’s perfectly running on iOS 11.4. Here’s how to get started:
- Tap and hold on any app icon from the Home screen.
- When you see the icons start to wiggle, tap X on the corner of the YouTube app.
- If prompted with a message, tap Delete to confirm.
Restart your device then download and install the Netflix app on your iPhone SE with these steps:
- Open the App Store.
- While on the App Store main screen, tap the Search icon (magnifying glass).
- Navigate to the Search tab and then type YouTube in the search bar.
- Find and select the YouTube app from the search results.
- To download the app, tap Get and Install. You may need to enter your Apple ID password to authorize and confirm app download and installation.
YouTube app should be working properly now unless a more serious culprit like malware is to blame. Such problems aren’t always inflicted by update bugs. At this point, you can ask assistance from the app developer to perform more advanced troubleshooting procedures.
Seek more help
For further assistance in troubleshooting application errors, you can reach out to the YouTube Help Center or contact Google-YouTube Support department. There might be some advanced settings from with the YouTube app that needs to be configured for the app to work with the recently installed iOS platform. If you see any error code or error message, take note of it and relay the code or message to support people so they can refer to the error message or code and get some clues or hint for applicable solutions.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 7 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Posts you may also like to read:
- How to fix iPhone SE Wi-Fi connection drops and slow browsing problems after iOS 11 update? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Apple iPhone SE problems on signal drops, poor reception, no signal, other network issues [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Apple iPhone SE Camera Issues: Blurred photos, out of focus, flash not working, camera app unavailable [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Apple iPhone SE Speaker is not working, poor quality sound output, no sound problems [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Apple iPhone SE Microphone Issue: Cannot hear sound, sound unclear during calls, microphone not working [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to troubleshoot iPhone SE with Youtube app that won’t load properly
- First solution: Force close YouTube and background apps.
- Second solution: Restart your iPhone SE (soft reset).
- Third solution: Restart/refresh Wi-Fi connection on your iPhone.
- Fourth solution: Install updates for YouTube and other apps.
- Fifth solution: Delete YouTube app then reinstall it.
- Seek more help
- Connect with us