Online shopping is now becoming a global trend as many people would prefer to shop while sitting on the couch. And because of these, more and more mobile shopping services are offered. Among the most popular is the Amazon Shopping app. But like any other apps, the Amazon app can also give into some issues. And should this happens, you should at least try some means to fix the app and get it back up and running properly again. If you have this app on your iPhone and then it suddenly stops working or keeps crashing after installing a new iOS update, then this post may help you. Keep reading for more info.
Before we move on to our troubleshooting, if you are looking for a solution to a different issue, make sure you drop by our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed some of the most common problems reported by our readers. Find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If you still need our help after that, then feel free to contact us by filling up our iPhone issues questionnaire.
First solution: Refresh your Wi-Fi Internet connection.
Online apps including Amazon Shopping need a stable Internet connection to work properly. If your iPhone is experiencing intermittent connection or Internet drops, then any of these apps will likely be unable to work or may be able to but not stable. To make sure this isn’t what’s causing the problem, try to refresh the Internet connection on your iPhone 7.
- The simplest way to do so is by heading to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu. Then tap the switch to turn Wi-Fi off. After a few seconds, tap the switch again to turn Wi-Fi back on.
To check if your Internet connection is already working and stable, launch Safari app then navigate to any website. If you can access websites and your Internet connection does not drop, then online apps should be working fine as well. To find out, launch Amazon Shopping then see how it works.
Second solution: Clear Amazon Shopping and background apps then soft reset.
New updates can make apps go rogue due to many factors including errant cache files and data segments. The same thing can happen if any background applications would become corrupted after an update. To prevent this from transpiring, clearing background apps after an update is recommended. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press the Home button twice quickly to launch the app switcher, containing previews of the apps you’ve recently used but not closed.
- Swipe up on the Amazon Shopping app preview to clear it.
- Do the same to clear any other background apps, if needed.
It is recommended to force close or clear background apps in this case to prevent any of them from causing conflict to other apps when they crashed. When you’re done clearing the Amazon Shopping app or other background apps, do a soft reset or restart your iPhone to dump cache files and clear its internal memory.
- To do so, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power Off command appears. Then drag the slider to the right to turn off your device. After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Allow your device to boot up completely then try to launch Amazon shopping app again to see if it is already working fine and steady. If it still doesn’t work as intended, then try the next applicable solutions.
Third solution: Install pending app updates on your iPhone 7.
Apps also need updates especially when new platform changes are implemented. Updates are a way of the developers to keep their respective apps compatible with the current iPhone system. And like iOS updates, app updates also contain bug fixes to get rid of any bugs and malware that might have caused the app to become erratic. To manually check for pending app updates including Amazon Shopping update, follow these steps:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- From the App Store main screen, tap the Updates icon at the bottom right. A list of apps with pending updates then shows up on the screen.
- Find Amazon Shopping from the list then tap the Update button next to it. Doing so will install pending update for the Amazon app.
- If you see multiple app updates, then you can update all apps simultaneously instead. Just hit the Update All button on the upper right of the screen.
Wait until the apps are finished updating and when they do, restart your iPhone 7 to refresh the system and implement the new changes to your recently updated applications accordingly.
Also check for new iOS update available for your device. Apple usually pushes new update to address any bugs inflicted by the prior iOS version.
- To do this, head to your iPhone Settings-> General-> Software Update menu.
A notification will show up if a new software version is available for your iPhone 7. If there is, ensure that your device is connected to the Internet and then follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the new update download and installation processes.
Fourth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone 7.
Your iPhone settings can be automatically overridden by an update and when this happens, there’s a tendency to end up having errors and conflicts. As a result, certain apps may not be able to function as they normally do. To make sure this isn’t what’s occurring to your Amazon Shopping app, try to reset all settings on your iPhone 7 to restore the defaults or original values and then configure necessary features and options again based on your previous preferences before the problem occurs. Here’s what you should do then:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select Reset all settings from the given options. This will reset system settings on your iPhone without affecting any saved data on the internal memory.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Then tap to confirm settings reset.
Wait until the reset is finished and your iPhone reboots. You will need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network to use the Internet and online services on your device. Once connected, launch Amazon Shopping app the see if the problem is already fixed.
Fifth solution: Uninstall Amazon Shopping app from your iPhone 7 then reinstall it.
Your last option and possible solution to consider if all else failed is to uninstall or delete the Amazon Shopping app from your iPhone. The app might have been totally ruined and therefore no longer able to work unless you have it re-installed. With that being said, delete the app then download and install the latest version of Amazon Shopping on your iPhone 7 with these steps:
- Tap and hold on any app icon from the Home screen.
- When the icons start to wiggle, tap the X on the corner of the Amazon Shopping app icon to uninstall the app.
- If prompted, confirm action by tapping Delete.
After deleting the app, restart your iPhone then head over to the App Store to search for, download, and install Amazon Shopping app on your device. Refer to these steps, if necessary:
- Open the App Store.
- While on the App Store main screen, tap the Search icon (magnifying glass).
- Navigate to the Search tab and then type Amazon Shopping app for iPhone or Amazon in the search bar.
- Find and select the Amazon Shopping app from the search results.
- To download the app, tap Get and Install. You may need to enter your Apple ID password to authorize and confirm app download and installation.
Wait for the app to finish installing and when it’s done give your iPhone another restart or soft reset. Doing so will prevent cache-inflicted errors from occurring and the device to work properly as expected.
Seek more help
You can reach out to the Amazon help center or Amazon Support for other options and assistance in performing more advanced troubleshooting with the Amazon Shopping application. There might be some advanced app settings that need to be reconfigured for the app to work with the current iOS version on your iPhone 7. Or you may also report the issue to Apple Support so that they’ll make further assessments and develop a fix patch, if necessary.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 7 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
- First solution: Refresh your Wi-Fi Internet connection.
- Second solution: Clear Amazon Shopping and background apps then soft reset.
- Third solution: Install pending app updates on your iPhone 7.
- Fourth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone 7.
- Fifth solution: Uninstall Amazon Shopping app from your iPhone 7 then reinstall it.
- Seek more help
- Connect with us