With Netflix, you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies or stream right through your iPhone and other mobile electronic devices. For Netflix to work, your iPhone must be running iOS 10 or later version. It’s also compatible with devices running iOS 5 or later that already have downloaded the Netflix app. Network service may not be available in some regions though.
Similar to other streaming apps, Netflix can also experience downtimes.
Among the common issues are random app crashes and loading issues. Mapped out below are a step-by-step walkthrough on how to fix a Netflix app that is not working properly or keeps crashing on an iPhone 7 Plus. You can refer to this troubleshooting guide whenever you’d bump into the same issue with the Netflix app on your iPhone.
Before going further, if you found this post because you were trying to find a solution to your problem, then try to visit our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed most of the commonly reported issues with the phone. We’ve already provided solutions to some of the problems reported by our readers so try to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you and if you need further assistance, fill up our iPhone issues questionnaire and hit submit.
- How to troubleshoot iPhone 7 Plus with Netflix that keeps crashing
- First solution: Force close Netflix and background apps.
- Second solution: Turn Wi-Fi on and off then reboot your iPhone.
- Third solution: Install app updates available.
- Fourth solution: Update your iPhone software.
- Fifth solution: Uninstall then reinstall Netflix app on your iPhone 7 Plus.
- Seek more help
- Connect with us
How to troubleshoot iPhone 7 Plus with Netflix that keeps crashing
Before you troubleshoot the app, verify and ensure that your iPhone has strong and stable Internet connection. Netflix usually won’t work if your device is experiencing a network connectivity issue. Should this be the case, you will need to deal with network problems first so you can have your Netflix app back up and running smoothly. Also make sure that Netflix is supported in your region. To get started using Netflix app on your iPhone, you will need to connect your iOS device to your Netflix account and make sure you are on the Home screen then sign in to your Netflix account. If it’s still not working, then troubleshoot apps problem with these methods.
First solution: Force close Netflix and background apps.
For first instances, that could be just a random issue that’s easily remedied by closing and restarting the application. Alternatively, you can force close background applications including Netflix app on your device. Background apps may affect other apps or system functions on the phone especially when they crashed. To rule this out, force close Netflix and background apps on your iPhone 7 Plus with these steps:
- Press the Home button twice quickly. Doing so will show up a list of recently used apps. These apps aren’t closed and so, they’re still running in the background.
- Find the Netflix app from the app’s preview and then swipe up on it.
After a few seconds, launch Netflix again and see how it works afterwards.
- How to fix Facebook that keeps crashing on your iPhone 7 Plus after updating to iOS 11.3.1 (easy steps)
- How to fix Messenger app that keeps crashing on iPhone 7 Plus after the latest iOS update (easy steps)
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus stuck on ‘Waiting’ when downloading, updating, and restoring [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Messenger app that keeps crashing on your iPhone 7 Plus (easy steps)
- How to fix Gmail app that keeps crashing on iPhone 7 Plus? [Troubleshooting Guide]
Second solution: Turn Wi-Fi on and off then reboot your iPhone.
Again, Netflix needs Internet connection to work as intended. If your iPhone is going through some random Wi-Fi connection issues like intermittent Internet, online apps like Netflix are likewise affected. That said, try to refresh your Wi-Fi connection or network session.
To do so, navigate to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu, and then tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn the feature off. You’ll know if it’s off if the switch appears gray, otherwise it’s green (enabled).
This trick helps clear any minor network errors on the phone. After toggling Wi-Fi off and on, reboot your phone (soft reset) to clear and refresh the internal memory and operating system.
You can do the usual reboot by pressing the Power button until the Slide to Power Off command appears. Drag the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone. After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power button to turn it back on.
This won’t affect any data stored on your phone’s memory, hence does not result to data loss.
Third solution: Install app updates available.
App updates are rolled out not only to add new features and functions but also to bring in fix patch to get rid of any bugs and malware that caused various app problems to occur including crashes and loading errors. If you haven’t set up your device to update apps automatically, then you will need to manually check and install pending app updates. Here’s how:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen. Doing so will route you to the App Store main screen.
- Navigate to the bottom right of the screen and then tap the Updates icon. A new screen containing a list of apps with pending updates will then show up.
- Find Netflix from the list then tap the Update button next to it.
- If you see multiple applications with pending updates, tap the Update All button instead. Doing so will update all apps simultaneously.
Don’t forget to restart your iPhone after updating apps to ensure new app changes are properly implemented. Doing so will also prevent other apps or the device itself from going rogue following the software changes.
Fourth solution: Update your iPhone software.
Like app updates, installing the latest version of iOS on your device can also help rectify any firmware glitches and errors that might have caused the Netflix app to be this erratic.
- To check if the new software update is available, go to Settings-> General-> Software Update menu.
An update notification will show up if a new software version is available. Before you proceed, back up all your critical data for safekeeping. Then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update download and installation. Your iPhone should be connected to the Internet and has enough power and memory space for the update to successfully install.
Fifth solution: Uninstall then reinstall Netflix app on your iPhone 7 Plus.
The Netflix application might have been totally corrupted and is therefore already a dysfunctional app. In that case, you can just remove or uninstall the erratic Netflix app and then download and install the latest version of the app on your iPhone. Here’s how it’s done:
- Tap and hold on any app icon from the Home screen.
- When you see the icons start to wiggle, tap X on the corner of the Netflix app.
- If prompted with a message, tap Delete to confirm.
Restart your device then download and install the Netflix app on your iPhone 7 Plus with these steps:
- Open the App Store.
- While on the App Store main screen, tap the Search icon (magnifying glass).
- Navigate to the Search tab and then type Netflix in the search bar.
- Find and select the Netflix app from the search results.
- To download the app, tap Get and Install. You may need to enter your Apple ID password to authorize and confirm app download and installation.
Wait until the app is successfully installed then restart your iPhone to properly apply the recent changes from reinstalling app. Netflix app should be working fine by now but if it’s not, you can reach out to the Netflix help center for other options and suggestions.
Seek more help
You can report the issue to Netflix Help Center and request further assistance in troubleshooting the app. There might be some advanced settings from within the app that needs to be reconfigured for Netflix to work steady on your iPhone 7 Plus. Also contact your carrier to verify if Netflix is included in your active account services.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 7 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Posts you may also like to read:
- How to fix an iPhone 7 Plus that has no Internet access even if connected to Wi-Fi (easy steps)
- How to fix your iPhone 7 Plus that cannot pair or connect to a Bluetooth device after updating to iOS 11.3 (easy steps)
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Calling Problem: Why is my iPhone 7 Plus unable to make outgoing calls? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus iMessage Problem: Why is iMessage not working on my iPhone 7 Plus? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Camera app that is not working or prompting errors on Apple iPhone 7 Plus [Troubleshooting Guide]