Online shopping is now becoming a trend as more and more people would prefer to just purchase items online than visit physical stores. Seeing the rising number of online shoppers, more shopping apps are also rolled out for both Android and iOS devices. One of the most popular shopping apps is the Amazon Shopping app. It’s packed with many different features and lines of products to choose from. But just like other apps, Amazon Shopping app also gives into random problems and downtimes.
Tackled in this post is one of the prevalent issues encountered by iPhone 8 Plus owners is on the Amazon Shopping app that keeps crashing or not loading properly on their iOS device. If ever you bump into the same problem while using this app on the same iOS device, then you can refer to this context to troubleshoot the app. Keep reading and get some help whenever needed.
Before going further, if you found this post because you were trying to find a solution to your problem, then try to visit our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed most of the commonly reported issues with the phone. We’ve already provided solutions to some of the problems reported by our readers so try to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you and if you need further assistance, fill up our iPhone issues questionnaire and hit submit.
- How to troubleshoot iPhone 8 Plus with Amazon Shopping that keeps crashing
- First solution: Force close Amazon Shopping app and clear background apps.
- Second solution: Perform a soft reset/device restart.
- Third solution: Turn Wi-Fi off and then back on.
- Fourth solution: Install pending app updates.
- Fifth solution: Delete Amazon Shopping then reinstall.
- Seek more help
- Connect with us
How to troubleshoot iPhone 8 Plus with Amazon Shopping that keeps crashing
Prior to troubleshooting, check your Wi-Fi Internet connection and make sure it is working fine and steady. Network connectivity issues like intermittent Internet connection or no Internet can be the main reason why online apps like Amazon Shopping aren’t working properly. If your device keeps disconnected from the Internet or has no Internet access at all, then you need to deal with network connectivity issues first. The problem with your Amazon Shopping app will likely be resolved once the Internet problem on your iPhone is fixed. Otherwise, try these subsequent workarounds and generic solutions.
First solution: Force close Amazon Shopping app and clear background apps.
Apps that go rogue are usually rectified by force closing or clearing them. Any apps you’ve opened on your iPhone will stay running in the background unless you quit them. Here’s what you should do then:
- Press the Home button twice quickly. Doing so will open a new screen containing a list of all recently used apps. These apps are still open and running in the background.
- Find the Amazon Shopping app and then swipe up on it.
- You can also swipe up on any other background apps individually to clear them too.
After clearing all background apps, try launching the Amazon Shopping app and see if it is already working fine and steady. Otherwise, proceed to the next applicable solution.
- How to fix Pandora app that keeps crashing or not working properly on your iPhone 8 Plus (easy steps)
- How to fix Instagram that keeps crashing, suddenly stops working properly on your iPhone 8 Plus (easy steps)
- How to fix Twitter app that is not working stable or keeps crashing on your iPhone 8 Plus (easy steps)
- How to fix Netflix that keeps crashing and stops working on an iPhone 8 Plus after installing a new iOS update (easy steps)
- How to fix Facebook app that keeps crashing on your iPhone 8 Plus (easy steps)
Second solution: Perform a soft reset/device restart.
A soft reset or device restart is a simple yet very effective solution to various forms of device issues that are associated with software bugs and minor glitches. If this is the first time the Amazon Shopping app is acting up, restart your iPhone 8 Plus with these steps:
- Press the Power button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power off command appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo shows up on the screen.
A soft reset does not affect any data you’ve stored on the internal memory of your iPhone. That said, nothing will be deleted in the process.
Third solution: Turn Wi-Fi off and then back on.
This is a simple trick used by many when attempting to rule out minor connectivity issues from among the culprits. Toggling the Wi-Fi switch off and then back on somehow refreshes and restarts wireless Internet functions of your device. Should the Amazon Shopping app problem is attributed to Wi-Fi issues, this can help.
- To do so, navigate to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu, and then tap the switch to turn Wi-Fi off shortly and then tap the switch to turn Wi-Fi on again.
If that trick won’t work, then try to reset network settings on your iPhone 8 Plus. This will delete and all your current Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth, APN and server settings. Network glitches inflicted by invalid network settings are also cleared in the process. Overall, this clears and refreshes network connection on your iPhone.
- To do so, head over to Settings-> General-> Reset-> Reset network settings. If prompted, enter your device passcode then confirm network settings reset.
Your device will restart automatically when the network settings reset is finished. After the restart, you will need to set up and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network to use the Internet on your phone again. Try if that fixes the errant Amazon Shopping app, too.
Fourth solution: Install pending app updates.
App developers typically rollout out periodic updates to keep their apps optimal. Aside from bringing in new features, updates also contain bug fixes to address certain issues with the app. That said, keeping apps updated is recommended. If you haven’t set your device to auto-update, then you need to check for and install pending updates for your apps and iPhone system. Here’s how:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- While on the App Store main screen, tap the Updates icon at the bottom right. A list of apps with pending updates then populates.
- Tap Update next to Amazon Shopping to update the app.
- If multiple app updates are available, then you can tap the Update All button to install all app updates simultaneously.
After installing app updates, check for the latest iOS update available for your device.
- To check for new software version for your iPhone 8 Plus, head over to Settings-> General-> Software update menu.
You should see a notification if a new firmware version is available. Before you download the update file, be sure to back up all your important data for safekeeping. Your phone must be connected to the Internet, with ample power and memory space as update files can come in huge file sizes.
Fifth solution: Delete Amazon Shopping then reinstall.
It’s possible that the application has been totally corrupted and therefore no longer able to function. In that case, the app must be deleted and reinstalled.
- To uninstall the Amazon Shopping app on your iPhone 8 Plus, press and hold any icon from the Home screen. When the app icons start to wiggle, tap the X in the upper-left corner of the Pandora app icon.
- When you see the pop-up message that says, “Delete Amazon Shopping?” tap Delete to confirm.
After you have successfully deleted/uninstalled the Amazon Shopping app, reboot your iPhone then follow these steps to reinstall the app:
- Open the App Store.
- While on the App Store main screen, tap the Search icon (magnifying glass).
- Navigate to the Search tab and then type Amazon Shopping or Amazon app in the search bar.
- Find and select the Amazon Shopping app from the search results.
- To download the app, tap Get and Install. You may need to enter your Apple ID password to authorize and confirm app download and installation.
Also care to check the internal memory status of your phone. While this is a new device, it’s possible that some errant apps used up more space of RAM.
Seek more help
You can reach out to Amazon.com Help and seek further assistance and suggestions from a customer service regarding the issue. To rule server problems out from the underlying cause, you can ask the Amazon representative to check their system for any service outage. Sometimes, online apps just couldn’t get to work as intended on any device because the server is down. You can send an email, live chat, or give them a call at any time as Amazon Support is open 24/7.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 7 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Posts you may also like to read:
- How to fix an iPhone 8 Plus that has no Internet access but connected to Wi-Fi network [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix crackling noise during calls, call failed error, other calling issues on the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Why does my iPhone 8 Plus Keyboard won’t work, display boxes instead of letters and how to fix it? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix static noise, audio cutting off, and no sound problems on your iPhone 8 Plus [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus Charging Issues: What to do if your iPhone 8 Plus won’t charge or charges very slowly? [Troubleshooting Guide]