Problems about apps crashes are generally tied to software errors. Just like computer programs, mobile apps also encounter glitches and can go rogue when triggered by some factors including system errors, bad updates, erratic contents and other rogue apps. In some cases particularly with older devices, the problem is tied to memory issues like insufficient memory on the device. This may occur to any device regardless of the platform they’re running on. Even the new and powerful devices like the iPhone 8 Plus are no exception. But the good thing is that software-related problems particularly on apps can be remedied by some workarounds and therefore can be fixed by end-users. The methods that are demonstrated subsequently in this context are just a few of the applicable workarounds you can try on when dealing with apps problems on the iPhone 8 Plus, particularly on the YouTube app that keeps crashing on the new iPhone. Feel free to refer to these generic solutions whenever you need some more inputs when dealing with a relevant issue on the same device.
Before going any further though, if you have other concerns with your new iPhone, make sure you drop by our iPhone 8 Plus troubleshooting page for we have already started supporting the device. Moreover, if you need further assistance, you can always contact us by completing our iPhone issues questionnaire and providing us with sufficient information about the problem.
- How to fix Youtube that keeps crashing on iPhone 8 plus
How to fix Youtube that keeps crashing on iPhone 8 plus
Before you begin troubleshooting software problems on your iPhone 8 Plus, make sure that your device has has stable Internet connection. YouTube is just one of the apps that requires Internet connection to work as intended. It’s possible that the app crashes as it failed to communicate the YouTube server due to intermittent Internet connection on your iPhone. So make sure that’s not the culprit.
First solution: Quit and restart the app.
There are times when an app would just crash because something’s not right. More often than not, random errors can trigger occurrence of minor issues like this. And oftentimes, quitting and restarting the app would fix it. Having said that, quit and restart YouTube app on your iPhone 8 Plus with these steps:
- Quickly press the Home button twice to open the Recent Apps screen.
- Swipe up on the YouTube app preview to clear it.
- Or you can also clear all other background apps to prevent any of them from causing conflict.
A few seconds after clearing YouTube and all background apps, launch YouTube again and see if it’s already stable.
Second solution: Reboot your iPhone (soft reset).
If clearing YouTube and other recent apps doesn’t make things fine, the next workaround to try is a soft reset or device restart. Aside from clearing up the internal memory of your iPhone, it also helps eliminate minor software glitches including the one that might have triggered YouTube to crash more often. Here’s how a soft reset is done on your iPhone 8 Plus:
- Press the Side/Power button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power Off prompt appears.
- Drag the slider to the right to turn your iPhone off.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Your iPhone then boots up. By then try to open YouTube and see if the problem is already fixed. A soft reset does not affect your data so no need to worry about data loss.
Third solution: Install updates for apps and iOS.
It is recommended to keep your apps up to date. Doing so ensures that your apps are fully optimized, bug-free and perfectly works with the current iOS version your iPhone is running on. If you haven’t already, then go ahead and check for any available updates for YouTube and your other apps too. Here’s how to get this done:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen.
- Tap the Updates icon at the bottom right side of the screen.
- If a new update is available for YouTube, tap the Update button to update the app.
- If you see multiple updates for your other apps, tap the Update All button to install all apps updates at once.
Aside from app updates, installing the latest iOS update may likewise offer solution if the problem is caused by some system bugs. Aside from bringing in new and enhanced features, iOS updates also contain fix patch to address existing bugs on different iOS devices including your iPhone 8 Plus. If you haven’t already, you can quickly check for OTA updates with these steps:
- Navigate to the Home screen then tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Wait for your device to scan for available software updates. If an update is available, backup your iPhone data for safekeeping then tap Download to instigate downloading of the update file. Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi to get this done.
- When the download is finished, tap Install to implement that new update on your device.
Usually your phone automatically reboots when the new software update is installed but if it doesn’t, then you will have to manually instigate a restart/soft reset on your iPhone 8 Plus to apply the recent changes on iOS.
Fourth solution: Uninstall and reinstall YouTube on your iPhone.
Uninstalling the app is another way of clearing the cache and data for that certain app. That said, uninstall the YouTube app from your iPhone to clear all cache files and data that might have destabilized that app’s functions. Here’s how to uninstall apps on your iPhone 8 Plus:
- Tap and hold on any app icon on the Home screen.
- When the icons start to jiggle, tap the X in the corner of the YouTube icon to delete or uninstall it.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
Reboot your iPhone when you’re done uninstalling the app. Then head back to the Apps Store, search for the latest version of YouTube app to download and install on your iPhone 8 Plus. Be sure to pick the compatible version of the YouTube app for your iPhone.
Fifth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone.
Improper settings configuration is also one of the possible reasons as to why an app may not be able to perform accordingly. There are instances when your current settings are altered automatically like when installing a major update or other third-party apps and contents. While this rarely happens it’s among the possible triggers that might have already occurred on your device. To fix the problem, try to reset all settings on your iPhone 8 Plus with these steps:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset all settings.
- Enter your device passcode if prompted.
- Then tap the option to confirm reset.
Reboot your iPhone when the reset is finished the reconfigure your network settings. Then launch YouTube and see if it’s already working fine and stable.
Unlike a master reset, this settings reset will not delete any of your iPhone data and personal information so creating a backup won’t be necessary.
The aforementioned procedures are regarded as generic solutions so it’s possible to end up having an unresolved problem. If you’ve reached this point having the same issue on the YouTube app that keeps crashing on your iPhone 8 Plus, then your next option would be to escalate the problem to your carrier for other options. Or you can also reach out to YouTube Help Center and report the issue for further assistance in performing more advanced troubleshooting methods to fix whatever that needs to be rectified with the YouTube app.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 8 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 8. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Posts you may also like to read:
- How to fix Apple iPhone 8 Plus that cannot connect to Wi-Fi, having Wi-Fi connectivity problems [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus Charging Issues: What to do if your iPhone 8 Plus won’t charge or charges very slowly? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to deal with quick battery draining issue on your iPhone 8 Plus [Troubleshooting Guide]