Have you ever encountered an issue when an app crashes immediately after launching? This problem frequently occurs in computer programs especially when a program gets corrupted or infected by computer virus and malwares. It also occurs when you attempt to open a broken file like a corrupted video or audio on your device. When it comes to mobile devices, issues like these are tagged among other apps problem.
Some users have it occurring on all apps while others have it isolated to an application. Just like what users of the iPhone 6 had experienced with the Facebook app that keeps crashing or unable to load completely on this iOS device. What triggers this to occur and what options do end-users have as remedy? Read on to learn more.
But before we jump right into our troubleshooting, if you have other issues with your iPhone, make sure you drop by our troubleshooting page because we’ve already addressed a lot of issues reported by our readers. Find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you need more help, fill up our iPhone problems questionnaire and give us more accurate information about your problem so we can give you the best solution.
- What triggers the Facebook app to crash or not load on your iPhone 6s?
- Possible solutions and workarounds to deal with constant crashes and errors with Facebook
What triggers the Facebook app to crash or not load on your iPhone 6s?
A common symptom to describe the problem at hand is when you tap to open the Facebook app on your iPhone and then it immediately closes or the app doesn’t launch at all. Often times it happens to any app not just Facebook, given the fact that apps are susceptible to bugs. So no matter how stable or well-structured the app’s program codes are written, time will come that it’ll succumb into such an annoying problem. In your case, the underlying cause lies between the iOS device and the Facebook app, particularly on the operating system they are running on.
Before you decide not to use Facebook on your iPhone 6s anymore, why not do something and try to save it? While this may not apply to some, there’s a notion that says your smartphone experience is not complete without having to use Facebook on your mobile phone. If you have the same thought, then you should do something to keep Facebook working stable on your iPhone. You may refer to the subsequent methods to troubleshoot the Facebook app and stop it from crashing on your iOS device.
Possible solutions and workarounds to deal with constant crashes and errors with Facebook
Highlighted below are some workarounds that were able to help other iOS device users who were dealing with the same problem on Facebook crashes and errors. All these potential solutions will likely bring positive results for as long as there’s no sort of hardware damage is present. Make sure you test your Facebook app after performing each method to determine if the problem is fixed. Otherwise, proceed to the next applicable solution if necessary.
Reboot your device
Should the problem is triggered by some minor glitches in the Facebook platform, a simple reboot might be able to deal with it. The process won’t affect any data on your device so it’s always safe to carry out. For starters, here’s how a proper iPhone reboot (soft reset) is done:
- Press the Power button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power Off screen appears.
- Drag the slider to power off your device completely.
- Wait about 30 seconds.
- After the elapsed time, press the Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Your iPhone now boots up. Try to open the Facebook app again after the reboot and see if it’s already working properly.
In the case where your iPhone screen gets frozen during your previous attempt to launch the Facebook app, you can do a force restart instead.
- To force your iPhone 6s to restart, press and hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons at once. Wait for the iPhone to boot up completely then try to open Facebook again.
If that won’t work either, then try the next method.
Update software on your iPhone 6s
Sometimes, an update to your iPhone’s software might be necessary to keep everything optimized and functioning normally on your device. Usually an app might constantly crash or not stable if the device software or operating system is out-of-date. To rule this out from the possible causes, check for available software updates and then go for an upgrade to iOS. Here’s how:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- You will see an update notification if an update is available for your device. If there is then install it.
Aside from new features and advanced functions, iOS updates also contain bug fixes. And that could be the fix you need for your Facebook app to get back up and running flawlessly on your iPhone again.
Install Facebook update
Aside from updating iOS, apps specific updates are also rolled out frequently as way to ensure that the app can keep up with the new changes brought by every update to iOS. This is one of the reasons why Apple rolls out beta versions especially prior to launching a major update to iOS. Apps developers will study and test the new beta software to see and make sure that their apps will still work properly on the new platform. Necessary updates will then be rolled out to certain apps if they don’t meet the minimum requirements of the new platform.
- To check and install updates for your Facebook app, open the App Store, tap Updates in the bottom right, and then tap Update All in the upper-right corner. If you opt to do it manually, then you may need to scroll down a bit to locate the Facebook app and update it manually instead.
In case you see a label that says Open next to the Facebook app, it means that the app is already updated. If it says, Update, tap on it and then wait for the update to download and install. Then check to see if that fixes the problem. If not, proceed to the next method.
Uninstall and re-install Facebook app on your iPhone 6s
If the problem persists or your Facebook app is still crashing or not loading, then it’s time to take the app off from the system then start all over. So your next option is to delete Facebook app from your iPhone and download it again from the App Store. At this point, be sure to select the latest version of Facebook app that is compatible with your device.
- To delete or uninstall the Facebook app from your iPhone 6s, press and hold on the Facebook app icon until it starts to wiggle. Tap the gray X on the upper-left corner of the app icon then tap the option to Delete.
Once the app has been successfully deleted, proceed with these steps:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap Search at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter or type Facebook in the search box to search for facebook apps available.
- Select the Facebook app version for your device.
- Tap Get to download the app.
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the app’s download and installation.
Reset all settings on your iPhone 6s
Software problems can be more complex at times so finding the fix is not always that easy. Good thing there is an option to Reset All Settings, allowing you to restore your iPhone settings to factory defaults without deleting any of your apps or personal information. Follow these steps to give it a shot:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset All Settings.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
- Tap Reset All Settings to confirm action.
After the reset, you may need to reconfigure your network settings including Wi-Fi networks. Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi then try to open the Facebook app again to see if it’s already working fine and stable.
If that doesn’t work still, then you may not consider opting for an iPhone restore.
Restore your iPhone 6s to factory defaults
The glitch might be too complex and that it already penetrates the iPhone system as a whole. Should this be the case, a system restore would be necessary. Unlike the previous reset, this system reset or master reset erases everything from your device, and then restore it to factory defaults. With that said, make sure you backup your iPhone before you proceed with this reset. You can backup your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes for that matter.
After your iPhone’s backup has been created, follow these steps to restore your iPhone 6s to factory defaults. You will need to use a computer in the process so make sure you secure one as well. Then follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone 6s to the computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer. As much as possible, use the latest version of iTunes program.
- Wait for iTunes to recognize your iOS device.
- If prompted with an option to Trust This Computer on your iPhone, tap Trust to proceed.
- Select your device in iTunes then navigate to the Summary section.
- Tap the option to Restore iTunes.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the iOS restore in iTunes.
You may opt to restore your iPhone from a previous backup or set it up as new.
When the restore is complete, you can continue the device setup.
Seek More Help
If none of the prior methods is able to fix the problem and the Facebook app is still crashing or won’t load properly on your iPhone 6s, then you should already escalate the problem to customer care. You may contact your carrier or Apple Support for that matter. Alternatively, you can try to reach Facebook Support for further assistance and recommendations. They may have some more advanced options to deal with the main issue and fix it for good.
Connect with Us
If you have other problems with your iOS device including iPhone 6s, you may visit our Troubleshooting Page or complete and submit this form to get further assistance from our support team. Just be sure to provide us with all necessary information, such as your iOS device model, as well as more details about the issue you have with your device. For example, when did the problem start to occur or what you did before the problem shows. This way, it would be easier for us to determine the main cause(s) and help you towards finding the best possible solution available.