Hello and welcome iPhone fans! Today we help some #iPhone7 users with their connectivity-related problems. We hope you’ll find the solutions we provide effective.
If you are looking for solutions to your own #iOS issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page.
When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Below are specific topics we’re bringing for you today:
Problem 1: iPhone 7 won’t connect to home wifi only
I have an iPhone 7. Everything worked fine until a few days ago when my wifi from home no longer will connect. I can connect to other wifis such as the mall, stores, and even my brother’s house but I can’t connect to my home anymore. I checked all devices that uses wifi in my home and they all worked fine. I looked online for solutions on how to reconnect to wifi and tried them all except the final stage of a factory reset, which I don’t want to do until I receive help from you. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME?? — DJ
Solution: Hi DJ. With wifi problems, you’re only limited to doing a few steps such as:
- checking router settings to see if your device is authorized to connect locally and to the internet (you may have to ask assistance from your internet service provider on how to do this),
- resetting network settings, and
- a full restore (factory reset)
If you’ve already tried the first two steps above, then you have no choice but to go ahead with restoring the device. Here’s how:
- Create a backup of your files. You can do that in a number of ways but the fastest and most effective way is by using iTunes in your PC or Mac. If you don’t want to create a backup at all, you can simply erase everything on the phone by following the steps in this link.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with the cable that came with your phone.
- We assume you remember your phone’s passcode so simply enter it when you’re prompted for it.
- Select your iPhone once iTunes asks you for the specific device.
- Once you’re in the Summary panel or screen, select the option that will restore your device (Restore).
- Confirm by clicking on Restore button.
- Wait for a few moments while iTunes restores your device to its factory settings. It may also take some time if iTunes will need to install an updated operating system version.
- After this factory reset, all software settings should be restored to their defaults.
Problem 2: iPhone 7 mobile data keeps disconnecting, won’t work all the time
Hi. I’ve recently started having network connection issues – not sure since when, but definitely all this past week.
My issue is that I am (mostly) unable to browse the web when off WIFI. I use Chrome mostly, but have the same issue on Safari too. I am unable to connect to LTE. I can sometime connect to 4G, but most often not.
Carrier is AT&T. I have tried the following several times:
- Resetting Network Connections
- Doing hard reset
- Uninstalling Chrome and Reinstalling.
Chrome and Safari both work fine when on WIFI No other connectivity issues. Mail, Facebook etc. all work fine.
Today, I removed my SIM card and reinstalled it. I was able to connect immediately … for about an hour. Then back to pages unable to load. Any advice? I guess I could do a complete restore and see if that helps, but don’t think that is the issue. Might the SIM card be the problem – or would I be experiencing other issues? Thank you! — Nia Milleruk
Solution: Hi Nia. We don’t know the history of your device so it’s hard to nail the exact cause of the problem. You’ll have to narrow down the possibilities and that includes replacing the SIM card. We suggest that you do SIM card replacement only after you’ve restored the device to ensure that you’ll not be spending time and effort needlessly.
To prevent possible bug from returning, be sure to restore your phone as a new device and not from backup. Once you’ve set the phone up as a new device, be sure to observe the phone for a full day to check if mobile data will will work normally again.
If the problem returns, go ahead with a SIM replacement.
Problem 3: iPhone 7 won’t download and install Google Sheets
I am having trouble downloading an app on my phone. I have an iPhone 7. I am trying to download Google Sheets, which I had previously on my phone. When I go to download it, it shows It shows a blue square with a circle around it. When I click on it it gets grayed out like it’s going to download but doesn’t do anything else. I have tried restarting my phone, signing out and back into iTunes and everything else that I can think of to fix this. Is there anything else that I can try to fix this issue. — Kevin Jones
Solution: Hi Kevin. We can confirm that Google Sheets can be downloaded and installed to iPhone 7 devices as we have just done it recently. If your phone can’t download it, there must be a unique problem in your device that causes it. To see where the problem lies, you must do the steps below:
Verify that your internet connection is stable
As much as possible, always use wifi when trying to download and install an app. Not only will this save you money (if you are not subscribed to unlimited data) but will also minimize the chance of failing to download an app. Wifi networks tend to be more stable and faster so use it everytime you install anything in your iPhone.
This may sound routine but a lot of seemingly serious issues are fixed by simply restarting the device. If you haven’t tried this before contacting us, be sure to do this now.
In order to soft reset your iPhone 7, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button (located on the top right edge) until “slide to power off” appears then release.
- Slide the Power switch right. Allow several seconds for the device to power off.
- With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears then release.
Do a full restore (factory reset)
Sometimes, bug/s can develop overtime. Make sure that you return all software settings back to their defaults by doing a restore. Refer to the steps above on how to do it.
Apple App Store Server Problem
Once you’ve restored the phone and the issue still remains, there must be a problem with Apple’s App Store servers. Try downloading the app at a later time.
Problem 4: iPhone 7 won’t stay connected to home wifi
My iphone will not stay connected to my home wifi. When i go to school, it connects to the wifi. I thought it was my house wifi problem so i have reset the router multiple times. Each time i delete the wifi, and then retype in the password and add it, It says it is connected and shows a check, and the wifi symbol is on in the top left briefly but after a few seconds of the wifi working it stops but the symbol still stays there. I tried resetting the network settings, and really want to do anything I can to not have to reset the entire phone. — Kelsicrutchfield
Solution: Hi Kelsicrutchfield. As mentioned above, there’s only so much that a user like you can do when it comes to wifi troubleshooting. If you are positive that there’s nothing in your wifi configuration that will prevent the phone from staying connected, then there must be an operating system bug that causes the problem. Be sure to do erase the phone clean with the steps below:
- Sign out of your iCloud account (if applicable).
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Engage with us
If you happen to have a problem with your own iPhone, let us know about it and we will do our best to post them and their solutions in our upcoming articles. You can use this link to contact us for assistance. We can’t guarantee an answer to every question but rest assured that we will exhaust everything on our end to help you.
Be as detailed as possible when describing your problem to help us diagnose your issue easily. If you can include error messages, popups, attempted troubleshooting steps, and circumstances leading to the problem, that would be very helpful.
- Problem 1: iPhone 7 won’t connect to home wifi only
- Problem 2: iPhone 7 mobile data keeps disconnecting, won’t work all the time
- Problem 3: iPhone 7 won’t download and install Google Sheets
- Problem 4: iPhone 7 won’t stay connected to home wifi
- Engage with us