So you finally get a hold of Apple’s latest flagship smartphone, the iPhone 8 or its bigger sibling, the iPhone 8 Plus. If you are fond of sharing great moments you’ve got, from a high score in a game, funny video clips and awesome pictures and post them on social media networks, learning how to take screenshots would be deemed important. But if you are still new to iOS platforms, you may need some help on how to get these things done.
This walkthrough will teach you how to take and manage screenshots on your new iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. Feel free to refer to this guide when needed.
- Taking a screenshot using the iPhone 8 / 8 Plus Side and Home buttons
- Taking a screenshot using the iPhone 8/ 8 Plus Assistive Touch
- How to View and Share a Saved Screenshot on your new iPhone?
- How to Preview your Screenshot on iPhone 8/8 Plus?
- How to Crop your Screenshot on iPhone 8/8 Plus?
- Share Screenshots through AirDrop, other options
Just like prior iOS devices, screenshots can be taken using hard key combinations. Follow these steps:
- Press and the Side button or Power (Sleep/Wake) button on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, then quickly press the Home button at the same time. Be sure to press the buttons simultaneously, otherwise, it will invoke other actions like launch Siri or lock your device screen.
When your iPhone screen blink once and you hear a shutter sound, it means that a screenshot has been taken and saved to your device.
Taking a screenshot using the iPhone 8/ 8 Plus Assistive Touch
Another way to take screenshots on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus is through the Assistive Touch feature. With this method, you can capture the screen with a single hand. Here’s how it’s done:
- Enable Assistive Touch on your iPhone. To do so, go to Settings-> General-> Accessibility-> Assistive Touch-> then toggle the switch to turn Assistive Touch on.
- On the same screen, locate the option labeled as “Customize Top Level Menu” then tap on it to open.
- You will then see different icons. Tap on the Custom button represented by a Star icon.
- Scroll down and tap to select Screenshot from the list. Doing so will add the screenshot option to your Assistive Touch menu.
You then can take a one-handed screenshot anytime you want. Just tap on the Assistive Touch button then tap the Screenshot button and you’re good to go.
Consider this as an alternative if you still couldn’t get the perfect timing with the hard key combos.
To view and share a saved screenshot on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, just navigate to the Screenshots album under Albums folder. Here’s how to get to this directory on your new iPhone:
- Tap Photos to open the Photos app.
- Navigate to the Albums tab.
- Tap to open the Screenshots folder.
- Scroll toward the end of the folder to locate your saved screenshot to share.
- Tap on the desired screenshot to open it.
- Press the Sharing icon to share. It is represented by an Arrow Up icon that is located at the bottom left corner. Tap this icon to share your screenshot with third-party apps.
Aside from sharing, you can also do other actions like marking up and cropping screenshots.
How to Preview your Screenshot on iPhone 8/8 Plus?
A preview of your screenshot will be shown at the bottom left corner of the display. You can tap on the preview to share or edit the screenshot accordingly. To remove the screenshot preview from the display, just swipe it off the screen.
How to Crop your Screenshot on iPhone 8/8 Plus?
With the Instant Markup controls, you can easily crop the screenshot you take on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. All you have to do is tap and hold on the bold handles on the edges of your screenshot photos and then move them in and crop.
You can also share screenshots on your iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus through AirDrop.
- To do so, just tap and hold on a floating screenshot preview. Doing so will prompt you with the familiar Share sheet.
- Tap to select AirDrop to share your screenshot to another computer via AirDrop, save it to any iCloud sync services via Files app, or share it on Facebook or Twitter.
- You can also embed or attach your screenshot in any of your conversations through Messages app. Once you’re done picking your sharing option, tap the Share button to share your screenshot.
You may also opt to save your screenshots to Photos folder through Save to Photos or delete them using Delete Screenshot option.
And that should do it! Have fun taking screenshots on your new iPhone and share them with your friends using different platforms. Please keep posted for more tutorial topics to be covered in our next postings or visit our troubleshooting page for other relevant tutorials and troubleshooting guides.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 8 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 8. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.