Aside from restore or update problems, some users of iPhone SE also have encountered some troubles when trying to use iTunes to download contents from the iBooks Store, App Store, or iTunes Store. For some reasons, they are seeing an alert message telling that it cannot connect to iTunes Store. When this happens, the iTunes Store, iBooks, or App Store won’t be able to load anything or suddenly stops in the middle of downloading contents. If you happen to encounter these messages, you will likely to be prompted with an iTunes error 1202. What does it mean and what causes this error to occur when using iTunes to download contents for your iPhone SE? Keep reading to find out the answers to these questions. And should you need further assistance in fixing iTunes error 1202 on your end, a list of potential solutions is likewise provided in this content.
Now, before we proceed with our troubleshooting, if you have other concerns with your new iPhone SE, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already published some guides and tutorials. You may also contact us by completing our iPhone issues questionnaire. This is a free consultation servicer we offer and all we need is information about the problem. So please give us that so that we can help you better.
- What does iTunes error 1202 mean and what triggers it?
- How to fix iTunes error 1202 on your iPhone SE?
- 1. Check for network outages.
- 2. Check your account status.
- 3. Check your network connection on the iPhone and the computer.
- 4. Reboot your modem/wireless router.
- 5. Check System Status.
- 6. Update operating system for iPhone, computer, and iTunes software.
- 7. Verify and ensure date and time settings are correct.
- Other Recommendations
- Connect with us
What does iTunes error 1202 mean and what triggers it?
This error has something to do with the network connections as well as your iPhone settings. What happens is that when network connection gets lost, iTunes will no longer be able to communicate with the Apple servers. As a result, downloads are interrupted and could no longer be completed. To let you know that something went wrong, iTunes prompt you with this error code along with a relevant alert message.
In order to resume and complete iTunes download, you will need to deal with the network connectivity issue first. Services through iTunes are expected to resume once the network connection gets back up and running flawlessly.
How to fix iTunes error 1202 on your iPhone SE?
Given the underlying cause which is network problem, you will need to deal with your network connectivity first. This means, you need to do something to fix your network connection. To further assist you in doing so, consider the following guidelines.
1. Check for network outages.
Network outages are among the common causes of network connection problems like intermittent or no connection at all. In this case, all you have to do is wait until the outage is over and network services should go back to normal by then. You may need to contact your network service provider for more details about the outage including the estimated timeframe as to when the network is back up. That way, you will know when to retry downloading contents on your iPhone through iTunes.
2. Check your account status.
Often times, network service providers would impose a temporary disconnection (soft disconnect) to accounts with unsettled balances or other issues. When this happens, outgoing services including network connectivity are temporarily disabled or not available. You will need to contact your service provider and settle whatever issues on the account there is and once everything is okay, your network services will resume to normal operations.
3. Check your network connection on the iPhone and the computer.
Make sure that your iPhone and your computer are connected to the Internet. To check, try using an Internet browser to connect to any website and then see if it loads. If it does not load, use another device on the same network to see if that device can connect to any website. If it can connect, then the problem is isolated to your device (computer or iPhone). If all your devices cannot connect to the Internet, proceed to the next solution.
4. Reboot your modem/wireless router.
This process is also known as power cycle. Rebooting the modem/wireless router often resolves minor connectivity issues like sudden lost of network/Internet connection, or other network errors. Here’s how it’s properly done:
- Power off your modem/router.
- Unplug it from the power source.
- Leave it unplug for at least 30 seconds.
- After the elapsed time, plug it back in and then turn it back on.
- Wait until all the light indicators on the modem/router are stable
- Reboot your computer and your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone SE to the computer and retry downloading contents through iTunes.
- Most of the time, this will fix the problem especially if it’s caused by minor glitches on the modem or wireless router system.
What it does is reset the modem or router, removes errors and glitches on the modem/router system, and establish fresh connection between the modem/router and your network towers. If you still cannot connect to the Internet after rebooting the modem/router, contact your Internet service provider for further assistance and other options.
5. Check System Status.
There are times when iTunes services are not available or interrupted because due to Apple System issues. Interruptions to services can be due to scheduled service maintenance, which is usually posted on the Apple System Status page.To see whether iTunes services are up in your place, head over to https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ page. Service availability is indicated by a green dot before each Apple services.
6. Update operating system for iPhone, computer, and iTunes software.
Updates can also be a potential solution especially if the problem has something to do when incompatible or outdated software versions. That being said, update to the latest versions of iOS, iTunes, and computer operating system.
- To check for available updates for your iPhone SE, head over to Settings-> General-> About-> Software Updates. Backup your device before downloading and installing the update.
Also make sure that your computer’s operating system is updated and iTunes is on the latest version.
Then try to connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store to download contents again.
7. Verify and ensure date and time settings are correct.
Incorrect date and time settings on your device can also cause some conflict with the servers. Make sure that the date and time on your device is set correctly for your time zone.
- On your iPhone SE, go to Settings-> General-> Date & Time and then check the date and time. If necessary, make necessary adjustments.
- On your Mac computer, open System Preferences-> Date & Time and then check if the date and time are properly set.
- On your Windows PC, search for timedate.cpl using the search box or Run command prompt. If it is not set correctly, configure it manually or turn on the option to set the date and time automatically for your device.
- As much as possible, use Wi-Fi to download games, apps, videos, and podcasts. Using cellular data to connect to the Internet may cause downloading problems especially if you are trying to download larger files. Some items might take longer than expected to download depending on the file size and speed of your Internet connection.
- Also try to use other networks than at offices or schools when trying to download contents to your iPhone SE via iTunes as these networks may not allow connections to the servers and ports. Ask your network administrator to grant access to iTunes Store servers and ports, if necessary.
If the problem persists, and that you still couldn’t download contents on your iPhone SE through iTunes, contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Connect with us
Visit our troubleshooting page to view more solutions to other iPhone problems we have addressed in our prior posts. If you wish to reach our iOS support team for further assistance, then you may do so by filling up this form with all the required information. Be sure to provide us with the significant details of the issue that you need help with so we would be able to give you the best possible solutions and recommendations to try on.