Amazon Fire TV is an Android-based device. The Android version that the TV uses is known as Fire OS, a variant of Android designed by Amazon specifically optimized for their devices. One drawback of this separate operating system is the limitations to the functionality. Apple users who want to add AirPlay to their Amazon TV cannot do it, and this is where this dongle device called Amazon Fire TV Stick comes handy. This device costs an additional price of just $40 but enhances the functionality of your Amazon TV to a whole new level. This is attributed to its ability to download files other than just that available on Amazon’s Appstore.
Step-by-step Guide to adding AirPlay to Amazon Fire TV:
The following step-by-step guide should easily enable you to add AirPlay and mirror directly to your Amazon TV from your iPhone.
- Connect your Fire TV stick to your TV. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone, go to com and sign in to your account.
- From Safari browser, scroll down and click on the button ‘Go to full site’.
- In the search bar, type ‘AirPlay UPnP’ and search. Buy the $2.99 app known as Airplay receiver.
- On the extreme right-hand side of your iPhone screen, you shall see a button that says ‘deliver’. Click on this button and send the file to Fire TV stick.
- Now on your TV, scroll down to Settings. Go to My Account and click on ‘Sync Amazon Content’.
- After the sync has been done, go to the app library on your TV and click on AirPlay receiver. Scroll down and click on enable AirPlay. You can also add more than one device to it.
- Open Control Centre on your iPhone (by sliding up on the home-screen). Click on AirPlay and select your TV device. Enable mirroring and you shall be able to mirror your iPhone to your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
To sum it up, you no longer have to worry about the limited number of apps and lesser functionality on your Fire TV set-box. The Amazon Fire TV stick enables you to download more apps and make use of features that apps like AirPlay have to offer. The best part is, all this comes at a price as low as $40. So if you own an Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick is a must have.