One of the important things to remember when a phone, such as the #Apple #iPhone 6, is in the process of updating its software is to make sure that it has sufficient charge left. If possible it’s best to connect the phone to its charger so that it won’t turn off in the middle of the update. Once your phone turns off during the update process then there’s a chance that you will experience some issues with the device such as the phone not turning on.
One of our readers is having a problem where the update was intentionally interrupted causing the phone not to turn on anymore. Let’s take a look at this problem and see what can be done in this case.
If you own an iPhone 6S or any other iPhone model for that matter then feel contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
iPhone 6S Will Not Start After Software Update Got Interrupted
Problem: I tried to update my phone recently. In the middle of update, I wanted to stop the update and go back. I tried to press the home button and power button for it to turn off and it did. I turned it back on and it continued to show that it was still being updated, I continued to press both buttons twice and the screen would go to the logo, make a gray screen of some sort, turn black, and then repeat again in five seconds. I held the 2 buttons down for like 20 seconds and the phone stopped and went black. When i went to plug it into my computer, it turns on and repeats. It won’t connect to my iTunes on my laptop. Please help as soon as you can, it will be very much appreciated.
Solution: The best thing to do right now is put your phone in recovery mode then restore your phone. Take note that your data stored in the phone will be deleted in this process.
- Make sure that your computer has the latest version of iTunes installed.
- If you already have the latest iTunes installed then make sure to close it.
- Connect your phone to the computer then open iTunes.
- Do a force restart on your phone . You do this by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and Home button at the same time. Keep holding the buttons until you see the recovery screen.
- You will see an option on iTunes to restore or update your device. Choose restore.
- iTunes will download the software of your phone then install it.
- Once the installation is done set up your phone.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.