The #Apple #iPhone6Plus is a phone model released in 2014 that’s still being widely used today. It’s main features include a large 5.5 inch display as well as a large battery capacity providing the device with a much longer usage time. This device was released running on iOS 8 but has now been updated to iOS 10.0.2. Doing the update is quite easy as all you need to do is download it and install it. One of our readers however is having an issue with the phone right after performing the update which we will address today.
In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the iPhone 6 Plus no sound after installing update issue. If you own an iPhone 6 Plus or any other iPhone model for that matter then feel contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
iPhone 6 Plus No Sound After Installing Update
Problem: I have the 6 plus. It’s about 9-10 months old. My phone has been dropped quite a few times but, was working just fine. I did the latest update and now I have no sound at all. It won’t ring if I’m called. It won’t ding if I get a text. If I try to make a call, I can’t even hear it ring. No sound from alarm clock, any videos or ANYTHING!! IT’S completely silent. No sound whatsoever. Doesn’t give me access to the speaker phone mode either. Please help. I’ve tried restarting and pretty much everything to get the sound working. Nothing has helped. I can’t plug into a computer and access itunes as suggested either. Please help me. I have to have a working phone
Solution: There are instances when the phone doesn’t have any sound at all. When this happens you should try to perform the following recommended troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Go to the phone Settings then Sounds. Make sure that the Ringer and Alerts slider is set to maximum.
- Try to check if you can hear sound from the speaker ( such as when in a call or when playing music). If no sound can be heard you need to have the phone checked at a service center. If you can hear a sound then proceed to the next step.
- Toggle the Ring/Silent Switch located at the side of your phone.
- Restart your phone.
- Go to your phone settings then turn off Bluetooth.
- Connect a headset then check if you can hear the sound.
- Restore your phone to its original factory condition. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing this.
If the issue still occurs after performing the steps listed above then I suggest you bring your phone to a service center and have it checked.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.