Those in the United Kingdom looking to buy an affordable Android tablet for Christmas can now give this new device a look. Toshiba UK is expanding its Android tablet range with the just announced AT300SE. Toshiba is marketing it as a budget tablet with a price of 300 pounds but for a ‘budget’ tablet this one seems like a real bargain.
Compared to its predecessor AT300, the new AT300SE is slightly thicker and heavier. The device also gets lower specification cameras, a 3.0 MP unit at the rear and a 1.2 MP one in the front. But this should not be a major concern because Toshiba has retained the quad core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor and could in fact turn out to be faster than the AT300 as it comes with Jelly Bean. The display resolution on this 10.1 incher is not bad either. Also, unlike the Nexus 10 this one comes with expandable memory and micro USB port to which you could hook up an external hard drive. But no 3G or 4G LTE connectivity on this one either, thus restricting it mostly for home and indoor use. In case you do take it out Toshiba claims the battery will last up to 10 hours.
In terms of design the AT300SE retains the looks of the earlier Toshiba tablets such as the AT300, with its textured, dotted back that provides a good grip on the device.
- Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean
- 25.7cm (10.1″) LCD capacitive touch display, 1280 x 800, 16:10, CSV, IPS, Wide Viewing angle
- CPU: NVIDIA® Tegra 3 processor with Integrated Graphics Controller
- RAM: 1GB DDR3L-1333 (667 MHz) on Board
- eMMC: 16GB
- Ports and slots: 1x micro-USB, microSDTM with SDHC/SDXC support to 64GB, headphone/mic combo port
- Connectivity: combo WLAN/Bluetooth 3.0./GPS
- Cameras: 3.0. MPixel (back), 1.2 MPixel (front)
- Battery: two cell, 25.0Wh
- Dimensions: 261 x 180 x 10.5mm
- Weight: 625g
- Colour: Precious Silver with dot pattern
- Available accessories: Stand case, screen protector