Wireless speakers and headphones have never seen greater demand before and their popularity is only growing, thanks to all the shiny new smartphones and tablets and some clever marketing by both speaker companies and device manufacturers. While wireless music streaming offers convenience, it does sacrifice on audio quality. This is fine enough for the average user but is simply not good enough for audiophiles. NuForce is attempting to change the reputation of wireless audio devices among audiophiles with their new S3-BT wireless speakers. Featuring the latest aptX technology and AAC Bluetooth compression codes, NuForce claims the S3-BT wireless speaker will offer CD-quality audio output.
“With Bluetooth-enabled devices becoming the most common way to carry and listen to audio files, we at NuForce decided to create a speaker that would satisfy even our most discerning customers. By implementing the latest technology and focusing on custom design, we’ve successfully created speakers that deliver the most advanced audio performance from a Bluetooth bookshelf speaker today,” said NuForce CEO Jason Lim.
While Bluetooth 4.0 does promise to improve audio quality, NuForce is not taking any chances with the new speakers. Hence, it is also offering two new analog input options along with wireless digital input. The speakers can be either connected directly using wires to improve audio quality, or if the user demands even higher level of quality, there’s the option of NuForce Air DAC, which the company says, offers the ultimate audiophile level audio. The S3-BT also packs in a pair of 3.5-inch bass driver and a 1-inch tweeter to handle the highs and lows.
NuForce is offering the new S3-BT for a starting price of $299 and will be available from the end of this month.
Below is a complete list of features and specifications:
- Best sound from mobile devices. Utilizes the latest AAC (iPod, iPad, iPhone) and apt-X Bluetooth compression Codecs (Select Apple products* and Android devices) for CD-quality wireless audio
- Most advanced audio performance from a BT speaker to date
- Secondary analog inputs for integration with TV or other home audio devices
- Analog inputs can also be used for upgrading to NuForce Air DAC wireless system offering even more outstanding audiophile grade performance and negligible latency
- Elegant design wrapped in soft black or white leatherette
- Compact bookshelf size that fits any room or decor
- Wireless freedom – music playback from any Bluetooth device
- Proprietary anti-resonance woofer & custom coating soft-dome tweeter
- Efficient Class-D amplification for crystalline sound and low power consumption
- Speakers: 1″ soft dome tweeter x 2, 3.5″ composite paper cone woofer x 2
- Amplifier: Maximum power output: 18 Watt x 2 RMS
- Harmonic distortion: < 0.5% 1 W 1 kHz
- Frequency response: 50 Hz – 20 kHz
- Signal/Noise ratio: > 75 dB
- Separation: > 45 dB
Speaker output on right channel unit: Five-way binding post
Speaker input on left channel unit: Five-way binding posts
- Analog Input: RCA jacks
- USB Charger Port: 5v, 1A output (strictly for charging mobile devices only, no audio/data transmitting)
- Bluetooth wireless connection: Bluetooth core version 4.0 with aptX , SBC, AAC codecs; A2DP and AVRCP profiles
- Dimensions: 7″ H x 4.57″ W x 7.48″ D
- Weight: 5.51 lb. each
- Included Accessories: (2) S3-BT Bookshelf Speakers, 3.5mm Stereo to RCA Cable, Interconnect Speaker Cable, AC Power Adapter