For people living with an iPhone 5 updated to the latest iOS 6.1 operating system, today was a very happy day. The launch of the new jailbreak tool, evasi0n, from the dev team evad3rs, was supposed to be released today. But unfortunately, you will have to wait a little longer. A tweet from the official Twitter account of evad3rs says that the jailbreak tool will be released tomorrow. So the good news is, only one more day to go.
The jailbreak tool is said to support a lot many devices running iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, and iOS 6.1 on almost all of Apple’s devices, except Apple TV 3. Hopefully, we will get to see an untethered jailbreak for this device as well. But for now, it is not happening. So according to the official note on the website, the tool is going to support untethered jailbreak on the following devices:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G, iPod Touch 4G
- Apple TV 2
And if you want to be able to jailbreak your iOS based device using this jailbreak tool, the developers say you must be ready with the following items:
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
After a long wait, there is going to be an untethered jailbreak tool for the latest smart phone from Apple, the iPhone 5. How many of you are already excited about jailbreaking your iPhone 5 and installing all those awesome apps on it?