OutRide, the action/sports camera case from Mophie, showcased first at IFA, Germany earlier this year has now been made available for purchase. OutRide is actually a camera case, which turns the iPhone into a rugged, all terrain video recorder and still image shooter. The camera accessory is assisted by a dedicated app from Mophie which also lets you edit the recorded content and share it.
OutRide is now available for purchase from here for $149.99 and the OUTRIDE free app can be downloaded from the following iTunes link. The only shortcoming, however, is that OutRide only fits iPhone 4 and 4S models.
Following are the product details
- Turns the iPhone into a Dedicated Action Sports Camera-Bundling the case, OUTRIDE app and mounts, gives users the option to transform their iPhone 4 or 4S into a dedicated action sports camera. Features include:
- High-impact, water-proof and lightweight polycarbonate housing protects the iPhone in any scenario.
- Wide-angle lens features a 170 degree viewing angle that’s optimized for recording and is available in all white with a silver aluminum bezel exclusively at Apple or in all black with a red aluminum bezel at mophie.com.
- Whether you have a passion for snowboarding, surfing, motocross or skate, there is a custom quick-release mount that will fit your sport, allowing recording at any angle
- Capture, Edit and Share-Free on the App store, the OUTRIDE app is the only dedicated action sports community to capture and share rides with friends, followers and professional athletes from around the globe, on-the-go:
-Personal Profile-Upload your profile, location, and save custom channels by sport, location, user, or combination
-Capture-Shoot in hi-def at 60FPS in 720p and 30FPS in 1080p both vertically or horizontally, edit and upload directly from the iPhone
-View-Custom settings allows for a unique viewing experience, and provides notifications for new comments, followers and uploads from friends
-Share-Share content with friends through email, text and other social networks, including YouTube where videos uploaded can be directly linked
-Search-Community based sharing allows users to search for videos by user, sport, and location, and to browse, like and comment on user videos and photos